Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Piercings Thread!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got my left eyebrow pierced, I wanna get another one in the same eyebrow and a labret piercing.
    I currently have 7 piercings... 6 in my ears (1 is expanded) and one in my nose. I used to have my eyebrow done. i'd like an industrial piercing.

I think piercings are sexy, especially tongue... However I think on some people it can look rough. I've seen very pretty ladies with huge rings in their faces which makes them look less beautiful. The worst is when people don't look after piercings and get piercing cheese. :yuck:
    i have no piercings at all. I kinda like the fact that I'm different for no getting anything done tbh
    I have usual tame lobe piercings x 3, one top ear and i had my tragus done but it got ripped out :yuck:

my mom didn't like when i had my third holes put in my lobes :lol: i remember her exact words "i think you should stop now it looks a bit common" lol working class snob, i love her

erm.. tragus got some attention off older people at work/friend's moms, just mostly people asking if it hurt. which it did. and then came out anyway so it was pointless pain! may get it done again, though not sure whether you can pierce scar tissue..

got more reaction when i was stretching my ear (abandoned the project now) and had a 2 inch long spike through my ear. the chavs loved it :lol:
    I have (had) three lobe piercings, then one went extremely dodgy and I let them heal up. So I have 2 lobe piercings, but I want a cartlidge one done. Never have the spare money unfortunetly.

Ooh I have my navel too, forgot that :D

i'm scared of having a piercing that doesn't involve the use of a gun..

Guns should only actually be used on earlobes. Anything other than that there's a risk of infection or misalignment, and, with cartilage, a risk of it shattering the cartilage (it's brittle and a piercing gun's a bit too violent for it to be used safely). I'm much happier when I know the piercer's getting out a needle for me :)

As for piercings, I have both earlobes pierced once, two helix piercings in my right ear, my nostril and my eyebrow. There's a beautiful one I've seen where they pierce the tiny bit of skin joining your top lip to your gums - when you smile you can just see the bottom of the ring. Looks beautiful on the girl I know who has it, and if it weren't for the tooth damage I'd definitely give it a go....
    its called a smiley funnily enough Butterfly kisses lol.

mad a gf that had it done, never saw it half the time cus she was a miserable bitch haha
    had my eyebrow done about 6-7 times but it keeps rejecting and its a tad scarred now i've given up with that, had my tongue done now for about 2 years and im currently playing withthe idea of getting my lip or labret done...

i love ladys with piercings, i find it very very sexy providing its done right and not over done or poorly done.

speaking or which... Ilora Danon still post here? she would be a good person for me to talk to about my lip piercing..
    Guns should only actually be used on earlobes.
    NOOOOOO. PIERCING GUNS CARRY BLOODBORNE DISEASES LIKE HIV AND HEPATITIS. DON'T USE THEM, FULL STOP.
    NOOOOOO. PIERCING GUNS CARRY BLOODBORNE DISEASES LIKE HIV AND HEPATITIS. DON'T USE THEM, FULL STOP.
    :yes: Shes right, my gun-done lobe peircings have never healed properly and have a really bad nickel allergy. Places like Claires really need to be banned.
    Agree. Piercing guns should be banned. Had my first piercings as a small child, both earlobes. Got a few others now, but nothing exciting. Really want surface bars along collar bones but too scared to get scars with rejection, boo...

I k now someone with a 'smilie' piercing and I think it look s silly. But, I think she looks silly - Orville The Duck, so maybe that's why.
    got my ear pierced randomlly during a lesson at school, i grew to like it and ive kept it ever since. Dont think i'll bother getting any more, i see piercing more of a girls thing, but im considering getting a tatoo in the next few years
    i only have my ears peirced once. lol. i want them done again at the bottom and then at the top. i also want my eyebrow done
    I did have my ear pierced, but dont wear a hoop no more.

When I was 16, me and my mates were out drinking and I nearly had my knob done. :shocking:

Thankfully nothing came of it.
    katralla wrote:
    Agree. Piercing guns should be banned. Had my first piercings as a small child, both earlobes. Got a few others now, but nothing exciting. Really want surface bars along collar bones but too scared to get scars with rejection, boo...
    I saw someone at college with surface bars in the back of calfs. The rejection scars whould be horrible.
    If I'm right in thinking what a gun piercing is, then both piercings in my lobes were done that way and I've never had any problems with them.

Had my tragus done just over a week ago and I'm having loads of fucking problems with that. Did everyone elses go really gunky and horrible?!
    I have my ears pierced and my tummy button.

I had my nipple pierced but it didn't want to heal, so I had to take it out.

I wish I hadn't gotten my tummy pierced, because although it was in fashion when I was 12, it's kinda old, and very common now. So yah.
    My mum had hers pierced like three times.

I think the guy said he would pierce behind the scar tissue. Or in front if it's far back.
    rachie004 wrote:
    This thread has got me thinking.. I really want to get my navel repierced (top and bottom) but the bottom of it has like a lumpy bit in it - scar tissue I suspect - how bad is that going to hurt to get it done again? :nervous:

The Scar Tissue has no nerves in it so it wouldnt hurt anymore than before i dont think.

Im pretty sure it wont :thumb: