Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Great club's in Nottingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone recommend some great clubs in Nottingham to me? Places along the lines of Air in Birmingham. Or the custard factory. (or maybe these just don't exist here?)

And any nice bars with cheap cocktails. I remember going to one once that was all b1g1f but I was so drunk by the end of it I have no clue what it was or where...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Great clubs and Nottingham dont really fit into the same sentance i'm affraid.
    Rock city is a great rock club but if you want something like air then its not what you're looking for.
    Mode is probably the best nightclub around here although all the outsiders will be told oceana - dont listen - its over-priced and its shit.
    Theres plenty of good bars for cocktails around though.
    Cucamara's is probably the best, a leg wobbler will set you back about 4 quid but its got about 4 different shots in it.
    Next best cocktail bar and uber cheap is Templars - bit hard to find if you dont know your way around nottingham but they have some fantastic deals and its about £6 a jug (fills about 5 glasses full)
    I don't think the clubs in Nottingham are that bad but that depends on what music you like. I've never been out in Birmingham so don't know the ones you mentioned. I personally love oceana as it has different rooms that play a varity of music from an 80s disco complete with flashing dance floor to chart music and r'n'b and it's huge! It is fairly expensive compared to other student nights but i've always had great nights there. If you're into cheese Ocean (by the bus station), Jaks (Cornerhouse) or Isis (near the university) are your best bets. Mode is quite good, or as Icey said Rock City if you're into rock. Other ok ones are cookie club, stealth, media or faces.

As for cocktail bars cucamaras is where we always used to go! It's up an alley way just off market square. I've never been to templars but the pit and pendulum does the 7 deadly sin cocktails which are wicked!

p.s. Icey - thanks for the avatar! i'll upload it when when i have more time tomorrow!
    I love Rock City, but I love big dance places too. Basically rock city is the only place I go cuz it's the only place I've been that I like.

I've been to mode and hated, hated, hated it. Maybe it was the night but I didn't like the music and the people in there did not seem like a nice crowd.

I also really don't like cheese nights and after what I've been told about ocean I'd rather throw myself off trent bridge than go there.

I will try oceana at some point.

But dammit I guess there really arent any good clubs cuz I already know of everything mentioned.

I'll definately try cucamaras and templars. I go the pit cuz i do love it, but I'm not to impressed with the cocktails, 2 for £5.50 and I can't taste a drop of alcohol.

Thanks for your help. Was hoping they'd be some great clubs I hadn't heard about, I guess there aren't any :(
    Stealth can be a good night out, depends whos playing though. Been there a few times and they were playing some good techno, dirty house .. if ya like that kinda music.

Apart from that most places are either shite or average. Nothing like Air or Custard factory im afraid.
    GoodFella wrote:
    Stealth can be a good night out, depends whos playing though. Been there a few times and they were playing some good techno, dirty house .. if ya like that kinda music.

Apart from that most places are either shite or average. Nothing like Air or Custard factory im afraid.
    Well I'll just have to wait for christmas for a great night out again then!
    Noticed you live the other way round to me, notts home and brum at uni. Which city do you prefer?!
    I'd have to say for nights out definetely Birmingham, loads more places with my kinda taste in music. Good shopping as well. I dunno! Will always love Nottingham as its my home but i could easily get used to living here. Don't make me chooooooose! :D
    Snug in nottingham is good. I like Bar None and oceania.

Not really sure what Air and Custard Factory are like though.

Notts is a great city, Im sure you will have a good night!

Cal

:thumb:
    GoodFella wrote:
    I'd have to say for nights out definetely Birmingham, loads more places with my kinda taste in music. Good shopping as well. I dunno! Will always love Nottingham as its my home but i could easily get used to living here. Don't make me chooooooose! :D
    Lol I'd definately choose birmingham, everything about it is better for me, down to even the location of my house. I guess I'm biased but I do think it's a better city.
    I do however think Nottingham town centre is prettier than Brums. And they have the best buffet chinese restaurant I've been too. Yum.
    Do Media still ahve decent ngihts on? i recall a friend saying about tha recently, although that my be the inebriation talking.

As stated, Stealth is alright for some ngiht.s

Firefly and detonation/detonate nights are also good if you like that kind of music.

Comparing the biggest city in the uk after london with nottingham isn't exactly a fair comparison though :p
    I've been out a fair few times in notts (though don't ask me where) and I found the place confusing. Maybe down to copius amounts of alcohol etc. but is it all split into different sections or soemthing?
    katralla wrote:
    I've been out a fair few times in notts (though don't ask me where) and I found the place confusing. Maybe down to copius amounts of alcohol etc. but is it all split into different sections or soemthing?

Well its alot different to say Broad Street where pretty much all the bars and clubs are on one big road .. yeah alot of the bars in nottingham are scattered around but you'll always find somewhere wherever you go.
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well its alot different to say Broad Street where pretty much all the bars and clubs are on one big road .. yeah alot of the bars in nottingham are scattered around but you'll always find somewhere wherever you go.
    Ugh Broad Street is horrible. It's pretty impressive to see, but is totally overpriced, is full of shitty chain clubs and attracts alot of overly largered up, violent rude drunks.
    Sorry just wanted a little rant.
    I guess at least it keeps most the idiots confined to one place.
    Yeah i don't like it either to be honest .. full of pricks. Only go there every now and then .. sports bar mainly for the cheap beer and pool .. which i suck at :)
    Sports bar has cheap beer?! I thought it were as bad as the rest.
    Yup .. well everytime i've been its a £1 a pint (selected beers anyway but still :p)
    Wow that is cheap. Incredibly so for Broad Street. Shame I dont drink beer.
    Stealth is great if there's good DJ's playing. The actual club is a bit shitty, just generally basic and very dark, but if you're into that scene it's all good. I spend most weekends there! Its best to go on a saturday night because it opens up into the club next door, rescue rooms, which is an indie club, so you can move between them if you get bored of the techno/breakbeat etc.

Also, as someone mentioned, the firefly nights are good, they're not at stealth anymore, they're in a big community centre place - just one big mash-up and they happen once a month. Good if you live in B'ham cos they finish at 6 so you can get the train back in the morning.

The Bomb was the best club in nottingham but it shut down :( However an application has been put in to re-open it so watch this space!

Avoid oceana, ocean, mode etc at all costs unless you're into that shit.
    Notts is great for late bars but pretty crap compared to other places for clubs esp. larger ones. Ocean is shite, as is Mode et al. Haven't been to Rock City for about five years, keep meaning to go as used to pretty much live there and templars every weekend.
    I never really thought of Notts as confusing but had a quick think about it and realised with all the little side streets, alleys and areas it is pretty bad to explain places :) Since the Lace Market and Hockley took off it's a lot more confusing than it used to be.
    Rock City \m/
    Rock City on a Thursday's a laugh, the student night i think. Although they have had the same music for as long as i can remember, its that bad you can pretty much predict what there gonna play ... but obvioulsy if youve never been there then that dont matter :p

Havent been back to Templars since i got back from Uni, think theyve done it up and its under new management i think, not sure .. but i liked it there, good laugh again.
    Templars was only good for one thing and that was the cocktails. I've not yet figured out why we used to love rock city so much, maybe because it did what it said on the tin. A large room with sticky floors, loud music, "unique" people and cheap beer. Unlike other places that try and dress it up as something else, rock city has always been and always will be a right dive :thumb: Gotta love it. Apple source - £1.50 a bottle god what a load of hangover fodder that was.

p.s don't think i've been to a student night since i was 17 :)
    Can anyone recommend some great clubs in Nottingham to me? Places along the lines of Air in Birmingham. Or the custard factory. (or maybe these just don't exist here?)

And any nice bars with cheap cocktails. I remember going to one once that was all b1g1f but I was so drunk by the end of it I have no clue what it was or where...

Check out 'the social' opposite from hogs head just down from lloyds bar, had a great night in there once. Depends on your music choice though
    mrbox99 wrote:
    Check out 'the social' opposite from hogs head just down from lloyds bar, had a great night in there once. Depends on your music choice though

And the way you dress. They used to be very anal about dress code. God forbid you're not sporting the scruffy tramp by ted baker look :)
    mrbox99 wrote:

Yeah the Social is wicked, small bar downstairs but they have good breakbeat/electro nights on upstairs at the weekend :thumb: