Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Supplementary grant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What is this?
I just got a text message telling me to check the student loans website - i have and its saying ive just been paid a £900 supplementary grant. Do i have to pay this back? or this like a free grant i'm being given?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds free to me! give them a call mr money pants
    no fair, i want some!!! :(

eta: and a grant is generally non-repayable.
    could you give me the site for the SLC? i wouldn't know which one to check they've changed so many times.
    message them and ask if you're not sure.

Grants are usually non repayable, do you get help with your fees/option of a full loan as a result of being income assessed? If you do then it is pretty certainly a grant (ie free money).
    You lucky thing, just in time for Christmas.
    i've never needed to log onto the website before but i fancied a look. i enter my art id in and it says as you have never visited before you need to create a password. there are then 3 boxes - the first one asks me to put my current password in and then the other 2 ask me to put my new password in. thing is i don't have a current password and it won't let me continue.

i went to the problems signing in bit but it only comes up with a phone number and i can't be bothered really!

anyone shed any light? :)
    You will have been given a default password and id when you first signed up for a loan. Try and find some old letters from them it may be on there.
    Otherwise you will probably have to ring them up.