Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E is for Ecstacy by Nicholas Saunders

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had an old friend turn up at my party Saturday who I hadn't seen in years, he returned this book after years. I'd forgotten all about it! Has anyone read it?
I read it a long time ago and can't remember much but it contains everything from it's history public attitudes & media, effects, who takes it, the dangers, chemical content, physcological issues, other dance drugs, how to keep yourself fit, maufacturing and the dance scene.
I can remember bits and bobs - from what I can remember I'd recommend it!

Here's the online book but it's not a full version http://ecstasy.org/books/e4x/

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've got and have read Ecstasy Reconsidered.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've got and have read Ecstasy Reconsidered.

So have I, and although its an interesting read it does have fairly fatal flaws in the research and scientific understanding of how the drug works and its dangers.

PIHKAL is better really, or for a discussion of intoxication in the broader sense 'Out of it - the cultural history of intoxication' is an amazing read.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    So have I, and although its an interesting read it does have fairly fatal flaws in the research and scientific understanding of how the drug works and its dangers.
    In the book I have mentioned or Skive's?
  • Options
    As I understand it Ecstacy Reconsidered is his second book, a follow up to E is for Ecstacy. His knowledge on meth for example is deeply lacking.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    As I understand it Ecstacy Reconsidered is his second book, a follow up to E is for Ecstacy. His knowledge on meth for example is deeply lacking.
    Have you read the book I mentioned and picked up any flaws in it?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Didn't he die in a car crash in '99?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Have you read the book I mentioned and picked up any flaws in it?

I havent no, but given his second book has errors in it which show up his lack of knowledge I assume the same is true for the first. However, having said that the latter book is interesting and is (in large part) written well.
  • Options
    isnt there a k is for ketamine one aswel?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Didn't he die in a car crash in '99?

About then, yes...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    isnt there a k is for ketamine one aswel?
    Not by Nicholas Saunders, and I can't find it via google, sure you aren't just making it up? ;)
  • Options
    im not sure who its by, but i remember clearly a friend showing me a book called k is for ketamine
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    im not sure who its by, but i remember clearly a friend showing me a book called k is for ketamine

You werent on ketamine at the time were you?
  • Options
    haha no i wasnt.
  • Options
    Another along a similar line, Adventures in Wonderland: Decade of Club Culture by Sheryl Garratt I thought was a cracking read.

Click Here