Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Charity

2»

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I wouldn't give to any animal charity.

I remember on here once seeing somebody that'll they'll give a homeless guy money if he has a dog with him - because they felt sorry for the dog.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think homeless people with dogs are cunts. They can bearly look after themselves let alone a defenceless animal. Most only get a pet because they know it means extra benefit money for them.

I don't really do much either tbh. I put change in charity boxes quite regularly and sponsor near enough anyone who asks me to (when i can afford it). thats it though.
    I am a member of Amnesty International and the Vegetarian Society (although technically Amnesty is an NGO)...

I am an appropriate adult and an environmental mentor. I also am involved with the CaCC and helping a friend set up a charity to send people abroad.
    I am a member of Amnesty International and the Vegetarian Society (although technically Amnesty is an NGO)...

I am an appropriate adult and an environmental mentor. I also am involved with the CaCC and helping a friend set up a charity to send people abroad.
    I think you've just put us all to shame moonrat..
    Skive wrote:
    I wouldn't give to any animal charity.
    Why not?
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I give to the RSPCA, because their adverts always make me cry :crying:

Both the RSPCA and the NSPCC are deeply nasty in their advertising I think, basically insinuating in not very subtle terms that if you dont give all your money they will personally kill this little kitten/child.
    icey wrote:
    I think you've just put us all to shame moonrat..
    Why?

It's funny 'cause I go to environmental meetings and feel put to shame by other people... Some are so enthusiastic and knowledgable.
    I work for a charity and I volunteer as a Guide Leader one night a week. Plus I also give a small ammount each month to a charity which will remain nameless but i have been to their very swanky office for a couple of meetings and each time I do I swear I will cancel the order as they clearly have FARRRR to much money.
    Oh I forgot, I also work for a chairty type company helping the homeless and needy find a home. I help out with day trips for the children of poor families and all sorts in my spare time......I do get paid for this though.
    i've done some volunteer work with young people at risk but i wouldn't call that charity work...
  • HooksHooks Deactivated Posts: 4 Newbie
    You could always fundraise for TheSite.org... you can do a parachute jump or an overseas challenge event, or if you're not feeling quite so active, buy a wristband or recycle your mobile phone / printer cartridges (sorry for the problems Koe!). All the information & links about how to support us are on this page :thumb:
    I volunteer as a scout and guide leader two nights a week, and also sponser a child through a charity close to my heart, who I trust giving my money to. I like being able to specifiy what my money is used for, example give £20 to the Bethany Project and ask them to use it for food, or for education, or maintenance, or presents. Etc. Heres the link, well worth a look: http://www.bethanyfamily.net/
    Im a Samaritan.
    just 3 or 4 hours a week.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Why not?

Because I'd rather aid people than animals.
    Weekender Offender