Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jose and Arsene...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
HAHAHA!!! Well done you Hammers and you Spurs! Fantastic results all round (except Southampton drew).

Anyone else watch the games?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope but can't complain, I support Liverpool you see. :thumb:
    As far as Sir Alex is concerned, it's probably the best weekend he could have hoped for. That said, Arsene behaved like a little kid at the end of their game. Pathetic. Even Mourinho took defeat well. Well, apart from their disallowed goal, John Terry getting sent off and other such things.
    suprising results this weekend. The bottom 4 all won.

Lets hope chelseas poor run continues when they face the mighty watford next week
    As far as Sir Alex is concerned, it's probably the best weekend he could have hoped for.

Aye, cracking weekend.
    That said, Arsene behaved like a little kid at the end of their game.

Now there's something new, Arsene behaving badly when his team is beaten...
    Well, apart from their disallowed goal, John Terry getting sent off and other such things.

Ny contrast Jose actually had something to complain about this time and yet didn't have so much to say. Go figure (as the Yanks would say)...
    Fantastic results all round

Certainly was for one of my mates, he had West Ham, Spurs and Dundee United to beat Rangers - 5 quid won him about 900 quid :eek:
    I don't know what the hell Arsene was thinking of. Pardew must've said something and in all honesty I think if someone were goading me in that way I would've decked them, but I'm not a professional. I'm more annoyed that he's provided Sky with at least a months worth of "news" than anything.

With regards the results, I was hoping for a demoralising 0-0 with 11 injuries to each side in the Giant Douche-Turd Sandwich derby, begrudging credit to the Yids though.

The West Ham game could've gone either way. Arsenal need to get meaner if we're not going to face another struggle for forth. By the looks of things another "everyone's against us" phase is coming and that always drives us on somewhat. If that means Arsenal need to get surly on and off the pitch so be it.

Also, Kolo for Captain.

And congratulations to Taggart. 20 years is some achievement.
    West Ham were the better team throughout the 90 minutes. I think Green had only one save to make. Fabregas played woefully and Henry looked disinterested - that's why Arsenal lost. Regarding the fight, it was sour grapes on Wenger's part (what's new?), Pardew's got every right to celebrate in his position. I didn't even think his celebrations were that bad. A bit of fist pumping - so what? I wonder what Wenger would do should a really passionate manager like Martin O'Neill get a last minute win over him? The way he and his players acted at the whistle was disgusting and childish as well. It's a shame they had to take away from West Ham's limelight like that.

Spurs vs Chelsea was a cracking game. Aaron Lennon was superb and it's good to see Chelsea's new left and right backs made to look like clowns. Nice to see Mr Untouchable John Terry finally getting some commupence. Looks like Chelsea are feeling the pressure of actually having some competition this season. I can't wait till they come to Old Trafford.
    Addict wrote:
    West Ham were the better team throughout the 90 minutes. I think Green had only one save to make. Fabregas played woefully and Henry looked disinterested - that's why Arsenal lost.

No, Arsenal lost because they had a blatant penalty turned down (though I expect that you'll claim Hleb cheated by being kicked to the ground in the penalty box), and then went on to see Eboue get rugby-tackled by Etherington in the build-up to the goal.

People like to make it look like Wenger is just a spoilt little brat, but he's normally right when he gets upset. Just as he was robbed by a bent ref and a cheating chav with the pizza incident, he was robbed by a bent ref at Upton Park too. That referee had seen what had happened to van Persie and was too scared to give a decision against the Hammers.

Incidentally, after the disgraceful scenes with van Persie, West Ham should have to play their next five home games behind closed doors.

I'd agree about Arsenal having to get tougher though- teams like West Ham are built around thugs like Sheringham and Konchesky, and rely on the violent hooligan home crowd to scare the referee into being a homer. Arsenal need to work out how to fight that.
    Kermit wrote:
    People like to make it look like Wenger is just a spoilt little brat, but he's normally right when he gets upset. Just as he was robbed by a bent ref and a cheating chav with the pizza incident, he was robbed by a bent ref at Upton Park too. That referee had seen what had happened to van Persie and was too scared to give a decision against the Hammers.

Yes, Arsenal have every right to feel hard done by but there is no excuse for what Wenger did. It's one thing being annoyed at the referee and the decisions he made, but quite another to refuse to shake hands with Pardew at the end of the match. Every single manager in the world would celebrate like he did if their team scored a last minute winner and Wenger's actions show a blatant lack of respect and sportsmanship. Now some may argue that what with the money and importance in the game, sportsmanship takes a back seat these days but the managers are meant to set an example. Take it out on the ref if you want, but not the opposition manager who clearly had nothing to do with it.

Interesting fact : Hleb or Хлеб in Russian, means 'bread'. Bet you didn't know that!
    Kermit wrote:
    No, Arsenal lost because they had a blatant penalty turned down (though I expect that you'll claim Hleb cheated by being kicked to the ground in the penalty box), and then went on to see Eboue get rugby-tackled by Etherington in the build-up to the goal.

Arsenal could have had a penalty but so could West Ham. These decisions happen - there's been about 1000 contentious penalty decisions this season, but you don't see the managers throwing their toys out of the pram.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the foul on Eboue. I know you have problems with the rules and recognising players so I'll let it slide.
    That referee had seen what had happened to van Persie and was too scared to give a decision against the Hammers.

Like the penalty West Ham could have had?

I'd agree about Arsenal having to get tougher though- teams like West Ham are built around thugs like Sheringham and Konchesky, and rely on the violent hooligan home crowd to scare the referee into being a homer. Arsenal need to work out how to fight that.

Sheringham changed the game by playing some great football, not being a thug. Arsenal couldn't deal with him - viva Teddy.

I don't know how anyone can defend Arsenal and Wenger's actions. Arsenal fans I know were ashamed of it, and are sick of their team's prima donna attitude. Instead of seeing them throw a hissy fit everytime their beaten, they want their team to toughen up and find a plan b to beat these teams. Acting like pussies and crying gets you nowhere, and you lose the respect of the real fans.
    My goodness, all your Arsenal fan friends never have a good word to say against Wenger. You sure they're not Spurs fans really, or are they just fabrications?

I think behaving like that makes Wenger look daft, but I think he was right to be upset at the referee for shafting his team (again) and at the smug tosser Pardew for rubbing his nose in it. And a Manchester United fan isn't in a position to attack Wenger for being petty as their manager Ferguson still refuses to talk to the BBC- just the ten years after Alan Green was a bit nasty about his thuggish team during a match commentary.

I don't think being "tougher" comes into it, van Persie was aggressive after spending the first 25 minutes of the match being repeatedly kicked up in the air by Spector and then gets booked for doing nothing more than being booed by the Cockney twats who'd just thrown coins at him.
    Kermit wrote:
    My goodness, all your Arsenal fan friends never have a good word to say against Wenger. You sure they're not Spurs fans really, or are they just fabrications?

No they're just realistic. They talk some nonsense, but mostly they're realistic. Do you think Arsenal fans want to see their team whinging, or want to see them toughen up and actually beat West Ham properly? It's great seeing your team crush Reading one week, but if you get well beaten by West Ham the next, you have to ask questions, instead of moaning about decisions.
    I think behaving like that makes Wenger look daft, but I think he was right to be upset at the referee for shafting his team (again) and at the smug tosser Pardew for rubbing his nose in it. And a Manchester United fan isn't in a position to attack Wenger for being petty as their manager Ferguson still refuses to talk to the BBC- just the ten years after Alan Green was a bit nasty about his thuggish team during a match commentary.

That's not why Fergie doesn't talk to the BBC you plank.

I don't think being "tougher" comes into it, van Persie was aggressive after spending the first 25 minutes of the match being repeatedly kicked up in the air by Spector and then gets booked for doing nothing more than being booed by the Cockney twats who'd just thrown coins at him.

Van Persie deserved his booking. It's the midfield and defence who need to toughen up, not your striker.
    Addict wrote:
    It's the midfield and defence who need to toughen up, not your striker.

Oh, our defence is strong enough (even at 36 I wouldn't mess with Wetherall) its just we have a clot for a manager.

Oh, you were meaning Arsenal?
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh, our defence is strong enough (even at 36 I wouldn't mess with Wetherall) its just we have a clot for a manager.

Oh, you were meaning Arsenal?

You just need to come out of the closet.
    Addict wrote:
    You just need to come out of the closet.

I'm a heterosexual Bantam, no closet to come out of.

I admit I find Arsenal the least cuntish of all the big teams in the Premiershit, and always have done, but the only team I support is Bradford City. It pains me that my kids are gonna end up as barcodes.