Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Price drop/bid up TV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mums just started watching it and now everyday for the past week she has been ordering from it!

Are shopping channels really this addictive? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    I love watching it, just to see a bloke desperately trying to show you how good a shirt is. "Look at the quality of that stitching, and look at the......the collar."
  • Options
    I love watching it, just to see a bloke desperately trying to show you how good a shirt is. "Look at the quality of that stitching, and look at the......the collar."
    Yesterday the women was trying to sell videos of cars. They started at £110 with 250 stock, and didnt start selling untill the prices was about £20.

I feel sorry for them... not. :D
  • Options
    I love watching them! Shame I don't have freeview anymore :( I love it when they're selling clothes and are telling you that the hideously coloured sack on the model is actually perfect for that special dinner. And comfortable too! We actually watched a man trying to sell a CAN OPENER (manual not swanky automatic) for 20 minutes! There's only so many things you can say about a can opener

Me and my housemate were so tempted by a vacuum/steam cleaner device than vaccums up the mess and then steams out the stains! Perfect for a student house :D
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I feel sorry for them... not. :D
    You've got to be a good saleman to get on there, let's face it. Because generally they don't have a clue about what they're selling either. I love it when they get the "expert" to demostrate something, and a level of bullshit ensues that's usually reserved for Dixons.
  • Options
    I got an mp3 player from £90 down to £20, a nice Hamnet watch £90 down to £15. And yesterday a giant inflatable Santa £50 down to £3.

I think Im becoming addicted.

What people must realise though is its £8 delivery, so for instance if a coat sold from £20 down to £10 all in all it costs £18 + £1.50 call.
  • Options
    My boyfriends mum is addicted to them. We particularly enjoy Gems TV, and Yes Price Crash. We've bought some bargains from them too :D
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I got an mp3 player from £90 down to £20, a nice Hamnet watch £90 down to £15. And yesterday a giant inflatable Santa £50 down to £3.

I think Im becoming addicted.

What people must realise though is its £8 delivery, so for instance if a coat sold from £20 down to £10 all in all it costs £18 + £1.50 call.
    Wow it does work. You actually believe they're worth anything like those original prices?
  • Options
    Wow it does work. You actually believe they're worth anything like those original prices?
    I checked in the catalogs. ;)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    And yesterday a giant inflatable Santa £50 down to £3.

so its actually £12.50 :eek2:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    so its actually £12.50 :eek2:
    Indeed...., Still really cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I checked in the catalogs. ;)
    Catalogs are massively overpriced too. Seriously, you want an inflatable santa, get down to wilkinsons. Or better still, find a friend who has one of them cards that lets them buy wholesale. We get all of that crap they sell in Debenhams for well under half price.
  • Options
    Catalogs are massively overpriced too. Seriously, you want an inflatable santa, get down to wilkinsons. Or better still, find a friend who has one of them cards that lets them buy wholesale. We get all of that crap they sell in Debenhams for well under half price.
    The cheapest place I have seen decorations are Macros. And the Santa was £50 in there. Its not just an inflatable, it runs on a motor. :cool:
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    The cheapest place I have seen decorations are Macros. And the Santa was £50 in there. Its not just an inflatable, it runs on a motor. :cool:
    Oh we've got one of them. My stepmum got it from Asda a few years ago after Christmas, so it was really cheap. They tend to scare animals and small children.
  • Options
    argggggh, my ex-boyfriends mum used to be obsessed with it, Her whole living room is full of tacky ornaments and pictures. I used to dread birthdays/christmas when she'd get me a piece of jewellery off there and expect me to wear it!

:banghead:
  • Options
    Seriously, you want an inflatable santa, get down to wilkinsons. ....

... buy yourself a big knife and cut your own heart out. You don't have enough taste to live any longer.

Seriously, inflatable santa? :eek:
  • Options
    ... buy yourself a big knife and cut your own heart out. You don't have enough taste to live any longer.

Seriously, inflatable santa? :eek:

Nothing celebrates the birth of Jesus better than some plastic chinese crap.
  • Options
    Oh we've got one of them. My stepmum got it from Asda a few years ago after Christmas, so it was really cheap. They tend to scare animals and small children.
    This is what I bought.
    http://www.price-drop.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=1472728&Cat=6&Sub=13&Type=Categories

For £3 its worth it, just got to think where to put it.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:

My eyes... :eek: :eek2: :yuck:

just got to think where to put it.

You just missed the perfect opportunity. Most towns in the country had huge bonfires...
  • Options
    We've got a few things from both channels.
  • Options
    My eyes... :eek: :eek2: :yuck:

You just missed the perfect opportunity. Most towns in the country had huge bonfires...
    You would hate the inside of my house then.
  • Options
    Oh and my decs are going up this sat. I would wait longer but word on the street is my rival is putting his up soon.

Its like this every year. War! :cool:
  • Options
    I love the full on Xmas decorations but isn't it a bit early to be putting them up?
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I love the full on Xmas decorations but isn't it a bit early to be putting them up?
    Absolutely not, I am not being beaten by the man down the road. Its by all means necessary.

But about 10mins up the road a house put there decs up on Halloween.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    God, pricedrop tv is addictive. We used to watch it all the time. Bought a couple of things off them and they were quite good :)
  • Options
    We've had our stuff delivered quite fast, it says something 7 working days but ours have come within 2 most times.
  • Options
    I love watching them as the stuff they sel is 90% of the time awful, and their slales men or pretty bad. I do want a set of cheap towels from one of them when I move out though. Apparantly there very good.
  • Options
    I love watching them as the stuff they sel is 90% of the time awful, and their slales men or pretty bad. I do want a set of cheap towels from one of them when I move out though. Apparantly there very good.
    We're after some egyptian cotton towels from there.
  • Options
    I once got a set of anthony worral (sp?) copper base pots and pans for really cheap
  • Options
    Our new George Forman grill is from there.
  • Options
    we buy a lot of stuff from there,and from Yes

we currently have 3 of the stupid Yes fridge magnets on our fridge :eek2: