Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long have you been working and how many jobs have you had? Do you switch from job to job for whatever reason or do you just stick it out at one?

So I don't sound like a pervert, I'll answer my own:

Working 5 years and I can remember 12 jobs, not including various babysitting things, as those aren't real jobs.

Pretty much been working nonstop since I was able to (16.)

*edit, cuz I thought of one more*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never worked full time but I did work part time for a while, probably been five years now. I have had three jobs to date.
    I've tended to stick it out but I did quite my first one because of a sexually harassing boss, the second one was just a temporary summer job for three months and my current one has decent hours but I'm only holding out for a few more months until I graduate because I loathe it now thanks to being overworked.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    One part time job since July 2002.
    when i was 16 i started working in the post office (just on a saturday morning) where i'd previously been a paper girl for for 2-3 years. i worked in the shop bit on the till and only worked there 6 months. i left there and a month later got a job at tesco (part time) and i still work there now (just on a sunday) and i'm 21 and a half. :o
    I've had 6 job's since leaving school 5 year's ago. 7 if you count working twice for one company. All job's have been on a part time basis although one of them i was doing full time hours and then some!
    Worked 7 jobs in 4 years. Only one year was spent out of full time education. Longest I've been at a job is 8 months, I tend to get bored and move on

1 shop, 4 bars, 1 hotel, 1 supermarket. also did some work for a temping agency but i don't count that
    I've counted up 16 jobs in 10 years, but I might have forgotten some. Did a lot of temping as a student!

Hopefully I'll be on number 17 soon :o
    I started working at 15, so about 6 years. I had 3 retail jobs in 4 years, a 3 day stint in telesales before I quit, a summer job for a couple of months in an office, and I've been in my current job since January.

So 6 jobs.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Been Working since I was about 14 (not including paper rounds). I've had several different jobs, often justbecause i fancied a change. I have once been fired through drug use, and once been made redundant which led me to become my own boss. I'm now a self employed data engineer.
    I haven't stopped lookign for something though. I've got a hunger to learn something new.
    Weekender Offender 
    i started working when i finshed school 5yrs ago and i`m still in same the job i started out in
    I had a part time job when I was 15. Then since 16 (24 now)I've worked for 5 different companies but I have gone up the ranks in those jobs so I haven't been doing th same job all the time, whist working for all the companies.
    I've only had 1 job, I'm a waiter and barman at East Sussex National Golfcourse and I've working there for about 1 year and a half now
    Had 4 or 5 jobs, the longest was 3 an a half years for argos, and the most recent, a special needs camp through camp america. Looking for something new but struggling :impissed:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Had one job whilst still at school, then about 4 different jobs while at uni. After my u/g degree I had one job for about 4 months and then did postgrad study. Since finishing that, I have been with a supply agency. Have worked in a number of different schools there but only still count that as one job.

So, in total, since the age of 14, I have had 6 different jobs in 10 years but 5 years of university study too.
    Since 16 I've had four jobs. I worked in a shop during sixth form then worked in an estate agents accounts department for 18 months. We relocated to the middle og nowhere and I left as the commute for a 4-day 20-hour-a-week job was horrendous. Now work in accounts for a group of companire for the last 18 months. Spent 6 months doing a slightly different role when I started and got promoted after some company changes. Will however be leaving in March next year to travel for a couple of months and will then be temping will I look for a decent job. Although the way things are going, I may be leaving sooner then that and temping before I go away.
    ive had jobs on and off for about 9 years now, since i was 14.

had paper round, bout 5 different bar jobs, worked in the lowery museum in salford, worked in a cinema, cut old peoples gardens for the council, worked on some mad phone line, distribution coordinator for a electric fire company, now im at my current job, so quite a few.
    I've been working in various PT jobs since I was 13.

I've been a..

- Paper girl/Newsagent worker
    - Photographers Assistant
    - Coffee Bar Assistant (glorified way of saying a till worker, cook, waitress and cleaner combined)
    - Gym receptionist
    - Cleaner

and in a few weeks time, I'm doing a stint on the tills at Boots, for Xmas. After that, who knows? :)

ETA: Wow, just realised that I've been an AVON rep as well, around the Coffee Bar-Gym time. Nice to know there's absolutely no pattern to my lines of work!
    If you count babysitting, I started work when I was 11 (so 17 years ago :shocking: ).
    had my first 'proper' job at 13 working in a corner shop for NZ$4 (less than £1.50) an hour. From then til I finished Uni at 22yrs old, I had loads of part-time jobs including:
    retail assistant, office clerk, telemarketer, call centre operator, nanny, behavioural therapist.
    since leaving uni and starting work full time I have had 6 jobs and will move to my 7th next month although they have all been in similar field and the last 4 of 7 are as Family Support Worker- just for different organisations and different client groups.
    Paperboy - 2 years or so
    Worked in a video shop - 1 year
    Door to door charity - 3 months
    Tesco Call Centre - 3 months
    Mecca Bingo - 2 years
    Crappy call centre (Post office car insurance) - 7 months
    3 mobile (responding to emails and letters) - been there since August this year

I like to feel settled though, and I do in my job now :)