Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The firework "humbug" thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My dog is scared to death whenever fireworks are set off in the area. Can't blame her though. :(
  • Options
    I'm not that fussed about fireworks, really.

I didn't do owt for them apart from laze in bed all day nursing the debauchery from the night before, ha.
  • Options
    Well, after a lovely firework night, some idiots started setting off "fireworks" (big loud balls of light, rather than actual exploding pretty colours) at half one this morning, after it'd taken me an hour or two to get to sleep, as I'm not feeling 100%. They kept it going til 3am. If I knew whereabouts they were for definete I would have rang the goddamn police. I hope someone did. They lit up the whole room, and woke absolutely everyone up - me and Chris got to sleep about 3:30 and were back up at 5 to 6! Not impressed.
  • Options
    Well i hope you all had your fun!

i just spent the last 2 hours in work preparing the paperwork to send all the unsold fireworks back to the supplier. The headwork!:shocking: :banghead:
  • Options
    On Friday night I went to a public fireworks display. There was about 2000 people there and it was fantastic. Felt safe and had fun.

On Sunday night I went to a friend's house and these 18 year old blokes were in charge of setting the fireworks off. Well I have never seen people act so irresponsible. They were a lot of kids there and they weren't putting them into the ground properly so they would fall over and shoot towards us. The last straw came when a bloke of 42 years old thought it was hilarious to throw a firework into the bonfire which was where everyone was standing. Me and the group that I was with all decided to leave at that point.

My boyfriend lives in the middle of London and has a lot of trouble with kids and fireworks. His cousin was nearly hit with one. I hate to be a party pooper but after this year I definitely agree that they should be banned to people without a licence.