Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thrown in the river/docks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:blush: I got pushed in the River lastnight, not sure if I swallowed any water, think I should go to the doctors or will i be alright?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    was this a joke or an assault??
  • Options
    Joke, sorry, should have been clearer
  • Options
    I'm guessing they'd take a blood test if I went. Will that also show up other things, like drugs for example or do they search for specific things?
  • Options
    nothing you couldve swallowed should be affecting your blood. what were you expecting to find. you'll be fine, guy from little britain swam the english channel the other week.
  • Options
    Uprisen wrote:
    nothing you couldve swallowed should be affecting your blood. what were you expecting to find. you'll be fine, guy from little britain swam the english channel the other week.
    Hmmm you sig quotes "*spam removed", that sounds like thesovering. :chin:
  • Options
    Which river were you thrown in? Some are far dirtier than others.

I've fallen in quite a lot of rivers and canals (canoeist!), and have been fine but if you have any open wounds, even little cuts and scratches you could be at risk from Leptospirosis/Weil's Disease and tetanus, among others. Probably worth a trip to the doctor's if you are worried.

The worst I've got from falling in open water has been a cold.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Hmmm you sig quotes "*spam removed", that sounds like thesovering. :chin:

well its very like me to undermine authority. its most becoming of human kind.
  • Options
    The docks in the centre of Bristol. I think I might go just to be on the safe side, I'm covered in cuts and scratches (foolish behavious!) so might be best!

Thanks
  • Options
    The general rule I work by for all immersion in water is that you need checking out if you've got open cuts etc (unlikely, they heal over pretty fast on most people so unless you'd done it 5 mins before you fell in) OR you feel ill within the next fortnight.

If you swallowed a lot of really really icky water they may have pumped yoru stomach at the time but by now they won't bother doing that. If it were me I'd leave it til you feel ill, if you do feel ill then go to the doctors sooner than you usually would and explain you have been in the docks recently.