Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X Factor 2006!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    WTF?

The Mac'Donald brothers are through?!?!?!?!
    WTF?

The Mac'Donald brothers are through?!?!?!?!
    It's mad!!
    Haha Simon's look at Louis. If looks could kill.
    Eton Rd to win, kids! I'm actually in love with them. They were mint tonight.

I was gutted Ash went, but he was a bit shit tonight. And he was never gonna win it anyway, so big deal. But I think McDonald Bros, Robert and Ray should have gone before Ash.

When is it going to be more about the singing and less about the judges?
    Eton Rd to win, kids! I'm actually in love with them. They were mint tonight.

:yes:

MacDonald Bros should have never been allowed in there in the first place. No charisma, stage presence or anything. Plus they bore me to death every time they open their mouths.

I think there were worse people than Ashley though.
    LacyMay wrote:
    :yes:

MacDonald Bros should have never been allowed in there in the first place. No charisma, stage presence or anything. Plus they bore me to death every time they open their mouths.

I think there were worse people than Ashley though.
    I prefer the other brothers duo.
    I liked Ashley this week, wish he had stayed in. Im gonna start back Eton Road, they have really grown on me
    Good god.

I actually watched this for the first time ever.

Those jock brothers were fucking dreadful. That was the worst guitar solo in the history of everything.

That boy who was booted off has the single most irritating singing voice I've ever heard. He reminded me of the fella from Aha, who in turn reminds me of Kermit the frog. He had no definition in his voice, I couldn't understand a bastard word he sang.

I'm going to go staple my fingers to the desk as punishment for watching X Factor :o
    lea_uk wrote:
    Haha Simon's look at Louis. If looks could kill.

Ooh it WAS wasn't it? I was wetting myself laughing, the glares! And Louis just turned and faced the other way! :lol: What children.
    Damn, I missed it. Sounds funny though. Ash was pants and he masacred one of my fave songs the week before, without even the decency to learn the freakin words - prick. Ah, there I've said it. And, leona's cheek bones are too high, with nasty slighty eyes. Ben looks like one of the Thunder Cats and should stop growling - just stop it. The McDonald brothers make a mockery of the concept of a talent show. Er, Eton Road - woot, however good they get, nothing could persuade me to part with cash for their efforts. Robert has no market, no market, he is kinda thick, too old for the heartthrob market and too young to muscle in on Cliff's territory. sigh. I guess we'll end up with Leona, but who cares, really? Yeah she can sing, the best out of that lot, and what of it? Who needs Leona when we have more interesting females that can sing, singer/songwriters to admire rather than plastic singing puppet, molded in front of our eyes?
    katralla wrote:
    Damn, I missed it. Sounds funny though. Ash was pants and he masacred one of my fave songs the week before, without even the decency to learn the freakin words - prick. Ah, there I've said it. And, leona's cheek bones are too high, with nasty slighty eyes. Ben looks like one of the Thunder Cats and should stop growling - just stop it. The McDonald brothers make a mockery of the concept of a talent show. Er, Eton Road - woot, however good they get, nothing could persuade me to part with cash for their efforts. Robert has no market, no market, he is kinda thick, too old for the heartthrob market and too young to muscle in on Cliff's territory. sigh. I guess we'll end up with Leona, but who cares, really? Yeah she can sing, the best out of that lot, and what of it? Who needs Leona when we have more interesting females that can sing, singer/songwriters to admire rather than plastic singing puppet, molded in front of our eyes?

Well exactly, these shows are out to do one thing...and that's make a shite load of cash. I think last time someone on here voted 5 times or more... I mean wtf??
    Does anyone know the actual date of the final?
    I didn't see last week's but from what I saw of Ashley's performance via GMTV (:razz:) he was rotten and deserved to go. His diction is absolutely godawful, and any singing teacher worth their salt (or boot camp coach or whatever) should've been slapping... or at least training that out of him from the word go. I was appalled when he forgot the words to Moondance, shame on him.

I still like Robert, and I really love Nikitta. I would love her to win, even though she doesn't really have a snowball in hell's.

I know a lot of people seem to really like Eton Road. But looking at it objectively they're really pretty embarrassing to watch and as camp as a Bot Scout's retreat. The weird (or "interesting" depending on your view) one has serious, serious tuning problems which throw the whole thing off whack more often than not. What happened to it being a singing contest, rather than a quirky, cute boyband discovery show?

What is the theme this week?
    They havent said what the theme is this week but the rumour is either love songs or songs from the millenium
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    film_buff wrote:
    They havent said what the theme is this week but the rumour is either love songs or songs from the millenium

I thought it was love songs.
    Awh I love X-Factor.

Ashley deserved to go, he sounds like he's got a digestive stuck in his throat.

At the minute, I'm liking Leona and Ben, I loved Nikitta, but I didn't think she did all that well last week.

Did anyone think it was a bit unfair for Louis to have a go at Ray for his "swing factor" yet he was all praise for Ben's "rock factor"? Hypocrite, no?
    ^_^ wrote:
    Did anyone think it was a bit unfair for Louis to have a go at Ray for his "swing factor" yet he was all praise for Ben's "rock factor"? Hypocrite, no?

Ben is good though where as Ray is rubbish
    film_buff wrote:
    In your opinion.
    film_buff wrote:

As much as I agree with that, that's not the point. :p
    Everybody rant now!

briggi wrote:
    I was appalled when he forgot the words to Moondance, shame on him.

Well, quite! And, it's not like there are even that many words. And why did he not know the words anyway, doesn't everyone?
    katralla wrote:
    Well, quite! And, it's not like there are even that many words. And why did he not know the words anyway, doesn't everyone?

If not, they should! He couldn't even say "fantabulous" - which is pretty fucking necessary to the song - so I wonder why they chose that for him. Stupid, posh, Sideshow Bob-alike cunt with horrendous diction. See ya!

If those Scottish no-hopers don't go this week then the whole show is [even more of] a joke [than it already is].
    It's Love Songs with Julio Iglesias tonight.

Ben is singing Dont Want To Miss a Thing, quite predictable really. Nikitta has been given yet another duff song by Simon.
    The MacDonald Brothers to go tonight *fingers crossed*
    lea_uk wrote:
    The MacDonald Brothers to go tonight *fingers crossed*
    Noooooooooooo :p
    Glittery wrote:
    It's Love Songs with Julio Iglesias tonight.

Ben is singing Dont Want To Miss a Thing, quite predictable really. Nikitta has been given yet another duff song by Simon.

Predictable but hopefully good :D
    Simon consistently gives his acts shite songs so they've got it twice as hard.

Hope the MacDonald brothers go.
    Anyone else find the show a bit dull tonight? I am bored. The only act worth watching was Eton Road. Have forgotten the rest.
    Loved Eton Road, Leona and Robert tonight.
    lea_uk wrote:
    Loved Eton Road, Leona and Robert tonight.
    Robert and Leona were both vocally really good. But you can't beat the originals for me. Wasn't that keen.

I think it was the theme, tbh. The odd ballad is alright, but I much prefer the upbeat songs.
    If the Mac'Donald brothers don't go tonight, I'm gonna audition next year.

I can sing as well as them.