Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fancy dress party

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh i am so screwed!

I'm going to one tonight and dont really have a costume. eek! :crazyeyes
I went in about 6 different fancy dress shops today to try and find an outfit but couldnt find anything i liked.
I wanted to go as a mad scientist but you wouldnt beleive how difficult it is finding a lab technicians coat.
Anyways i've bought a top hat and a pure white mask with the intention of going as the phantom of the opera. I dont have a cape. I also dont have a walking stick/pimp stick thingy.
Bollocks.

Now what do i do? - the party is in 2 hours. :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    You've got 2 more hours to shop, get out of here :p
    Maybe just go to a fabric store, grab some black fabric and tie it around yourself for a cape.
  • Options
    cut 2 holes in a qhite sheet and go as a ghost
    or tuck your socks in ur trousers and go as a chave
  • Options
    do you not have anything to make a cape out of? worst case scenario - open out a bin bag as a cape. If you want it thicker/heavier you could safety pin it to some fabric...
  • Options
    fuck it, my mask & hat will have to do. I think the plan is to head off into town afterwards anyway so i don't really want to be stuck with a big cape or cane to carry around with me
  • Options
    There's been plenty of times I've ended up at fancy dress parties with nothing on, bit awkward at first but no one really gives a shit like.
  • Options
    Easy last min fancy dress outfit. Borrow a ladies eyeliner (can even do this when you get to the party) and go as alice cooper. No1 can mistake the distinctive make up and its super easy. Wear all black or something random, pref thigh-high lepord print boots. Voila! A mate of mine did this last week after having a fancy dress party sprung on him (he was at work) and it worked a treat!