Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Java wont leave me alone!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically , i want to start playing runescape again (sorry, i cant help it) Ive never got along with Java and have always let internet explorer use the default one.

I opened runescape and java loaded itself with the icon, i clicked on advanced settings in IE and the setting to not use that wasnt there!!!. How do i do this , hope you know what im on about! normal Java east my machine :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Since when did you start playing Runescape!!!

And will the Java load?
    Yes java loads but the problems fixed now. Ive downloaded the client from thier website and it works fine there.
    Matteh wrote:
    Basically , i want to start playing runescape again (sorry, i cant help it) Ive never got along with Java and have always let internet explorer use the default one.

I opened runescape and java loaded itself with the icon, i clicked on advanced settings in IE and the setting to not use that wasnt there!!!. How do i do this , hope you know what im on about! normal Java east my machine :shocking:
    Microsoft lost a court case regardin their own implementation of Java so for the last year or so they have had to stop bundling it with IE or distributing it which means everyone has to use the proper version from Java themselves... works better anyway :)