Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Petition Against Tuition Fees

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    You pay the fees WHEN YOU GRADUATE, not before. That means the money comes out of YOUR WAGE, not mum and dad's wage.

So why should you pay less?

exactly.

the previous years then fair do about getting your fees paid but i think it's incredibly unfair that people are still getting them paid even now when we pay them back with the rest of our loan.

i'm annoyed now. :grump:
    Who says my mummy and daddy will help me through tough times? Who says they have any more disposable income than a single parent with a lower income on paper?

me
    It's a nice idea but there are an awful lot of student out there who qualify for none of the extra help from the government and who's parents aren't in a position to be able to help them out.
    It's a nice idea but there are an awful lot of student out there who qualify for none of the extra help from the government and who's parents aren't in a position to be able to help them out.

yes and i'm one of them.
    Yeah, I can see how that happens. I offer no solution though...
    yes and i'm one of them.
    And me. Oh wait I lie, my mum buys me one Tesco shop per term.
    i ask for £60 a month off my mum. i do struggle a bit but i can afford to eat and go out but not very much. i try to be as independent as i can and i'm quite proud so i'd rather go without.
    I get all my tuition fees paid for me plus £5000 a year, £2000 of which is a grant. Damn it's so unfair! ;)
    Yerascrote wrote:
    I get all my tuition fees paid for me plus £5000 a year, £2000 of which is a grant. Damn it's so unfair! ;)

what a cuntish thing to say.
    what a cuntish thing to say.

Not really though. I live with my mom who is on the dole. I am entitled to everything I get.
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Not really though. I live with my mom who is on the dole. I am entitled to everything I get.

it was your attitude towards it that made you sound like a cunt and the fact that you say 'damn it's so unfair!;)'.
    yeh i always thought that as graduates, you'll be entering the highest paid jobs and therefore pay the govt lots of tax, over and above what others pay. we should be cut some slack at the hardest stages of our lives, financially.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    To be clear on the current situation with top-up fees have a read of this.
    Uprisen wrote:
    yeh i always thought that as graduates, you'll be entering the highest paid jobs and therefore pay the govt lots of tax, over and above what others pay. we should be cut some slack at the hardest stages of our lives, financially.

grauates don't always get paid more though - depends what job you do.
    Yerascrote wrote:

Nah, you should claim every penny that the thieving cunts want to throw at you.

You do prove my point though.