Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How often?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How often do you guys use your recreational drugs of choice?

I take pills pretty much every weekend while I'm at uni and I've been thinking about what kind of effect this has on me. I don't go overboard, usually only take 3 max. I've decided to lay off the coke this year, both for moral reasons and the fact that I get quite bad heart palpitations so I shouldn't really be touching the stuff.

Do you ever worry about the physiological consequences of doing drugs or do you just get on with it and have a good time? I prefer a comedown to a hangover so I prefer to take drugs rather than getting totally pissed. But when my head is so hazy the next day, or if I'm sitting on a sofa at 7am talking absolute crap and thinking I'm somewhere else, I do wonder what kind of damage I'm doing to my brain. :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not very much at all now days really...

Went through a bit of a mad phaze a while ago and decided to calm it right down...
    I aint done speed coke or mushrooms for a long time... I have given up weed completely for about a year now...

I still do pills, but thats only once every couple of months!

I still think I drink a bit too much though...
    For a good few years I did them every weekend and sometimes in the week, then I had a 2 year break. Then I went crzy for 2 years and did them nearly every day. For the last 2 years it's been on and off. In the spring to mid summer it was every weekend. Now it's usually every 3-4 weeks. 3 Reasons for the latter, I'm a bit skint plus I'm enjoying not feeling tired in the week and I've found home comforts again.
    I'm sure I'll go through another hardcore stage and so forth.
    I used to take shit loads of Ket but I've fallen out with it, I haven't had it for 5 months apart from a tiny line I had in September.
    I do smoke weed though, that never changes.
    When my mate was selling pills and I helped him out sometime, we never had to worry about running out of pills....we were doing them AT LEAST every weekend, sometimes 5 days running....and not just a few pills every night, I'd often end up doing double figures (20 was my max) and this was happening for a while but then he got busted and it all stopped....now I tend to only do about between 3 and 6 pills in a night and it's only about once a month.
    Cocaine, I used to have a serious problem with a year ago as some people here may have heard, now I have cut down alot but I still probably do too much, I like to have a line before and after work sometimes when I can afford it and very rarely before college and I like to have a few lines before I go out drinking...but even this I'm trying to cut down.
    Speed, I haven't done in a long time, used to do that every weekend too but now I only do it at raves and clubs when I'm on pills already. Don't do Mushrooms very often, last time I did them was in Amsterdam about a month ago. Weed I smoke most days of the week but hey it's always been that way lol
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've been taking pills for over ten years now. It started off as once every couple of months but within a couple of years I was doing them every weekend in stupid amounts. That lasted for about 3 years and now I just do them once in a blue moon.
    The only other drug I took on a regualr basis was weed, but after a couple of year I noticed that it had some seriously negative effects for me.

The only thing I do now on a regualr basis is drink. And I love it.
    Weekender Offender 
    About 3-4 times a year, pills. Go 'druggy' clubbing with my best mate so don't take the bf and he doesn't take his gf coz we're durty durty Subway druggies :D
    Skive wrote:
    The only thing I do now on a regualr basis is drink.

Oh and the odd drinky :)
    Weed is pretty much a constant, though I've cut down of late. It's not ideal as I need motivation at the moment.

I used to hammer pills whilst at uni, every weekend in the 1st year until I got the blues quite bad week on week and decided to cut down to about once a month.

Now I only take pills every so often, though consumption may be on the up after last weekend.

Others like ket or coke, as and when they appear. I'm not that fussed.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seemingly weekly now, add or take the occasional joint inbetween, and maybe a drink or two.

I am a bit high atm. Ho hum.

Psycological issues? Come and go, with or without aid from substance tbh.... I see people who take and don't getting psycological issues. Don't worry, get on with it as best we all can!
    i hope one day you can face your weed daemons and enjoy it as it should be
    I don't think i'll ever enjoy smoking weed again and to be honest I'm really not that bothered about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    what is it about it that puts you off?
    i have founf it all depends on the state of mind you are in before you start smoking..
    It makes me think too much, I get real edgy. Paranoia I suppose. I never used to get, but over the course of time I found it didn't do anything good for me anymore.
    Weekender Offender 
    Same thing with me. Only time I can smoke it is after a night on the drink and then bed. Gone are the days where I could chill with loads of peeps with a joint.
    :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    Fuck all, take a bit of coke now and again but can't say it's on a weekly or even monthly basis. It just depends on who I'm with, if I want some and if it's free.

Used to smoke daily and take all sorts at the weekend. I just prefer to get pissed these days tbh.
    i only started doing drugs at the beginning of this year. at the moment im doing pills twice a weekend and occassionally some ket or coke. im not sure if i've had a comedown or not.. on monday i'll feel a bit sick but i dont suffer with anything else physically or psycologically. i worry less about the effect its having on me now than i did at the start. i would say im kinda sensible though and i have a non-drug taking group of friends who i can go out with when i need a break.
    Skive wrote:
    It makes me think too much, I get real edgy. Paranoia I suppose. I never used to get, but over the course of time I found it didn't do anything good for me anymore.

I have a mate like you. He used to smoke alot and now won't touch it.

He says no matter how relaxed and carefree he feels, after a smoke, he'll ALWAYS find something in his head to freak out about. He says it's just not worth the hassle anymore, which is understandable.
    Skive wrote:
    :yes:
    doyou find after a session at the after party a smoke is different?
    that's when I like it best.
    Addict wrote:
    IHe says no matter how relaxed and carefree he feels, after a smoke, he'll ALWAYS find something in his head to freak out about. He says it's just not worth the hassle anymore, which is understandable.

That's exaclty it, though for years I used to love getting stoned.

The only times I can smoke it now without getting paranoid is once I'm pissed (but then I tend to just flake out), and after I've taken pills but then I can't smoke too much else I'll feel edgy again.
    Weekender Offender 
    Same here, I thought I'd be smoking the stuff for years to come but then over a short period of time everything changed, and it's probably my least favourite drug, and it used to be my favourite. Just goes to show how strange a drug cannabis can be after long periods of frequent use.
    im quite young, probably a lot younger then most guys on here so while theyve all had their 'druggie phases' im just entering mine.
    summer i was doin pills every weekend and and weed every day but now its back to college and back to reality. split up with the bf who i used to pill with and the few other people i DID pill with have stopped altogether( though perhaps for good reason- one mate of mine started when he was in year 10 and boshed 14 in one school day. pills have REALLY fucked him up).

so the fact that i hardly ever do them now is because of lack of opportunity really.. all my mates are very anti drugs and dont know i do pills or anything so i cant do them with them( plus id hate to be the only one out of it). so i usually have to wait til a random house party or whatever.

if i could id do them every weekend. cant wait til uni!:razz:
    I'm same as turlough not very often, depends who I see or where I am, i am gonna get some coke in for my bday next weekend tho :razz: i had a mini phase with i first got to uni but stopped around the jan/feb as i could feel myself enjoyin it a little too much.
    I only started taking drugs when I was at the Reading Festival. I did go through a 4 day stint of coke and pills and weed when I came back. I looked like shit, haha.

I only do it when I know I've a biiiiig night out or if I know I can blag some free ones, ha.

Gonna be doing it this weekend, my current squeeze is a pill pimp so I'm well in there, mwaha.
    Most users do it, but you cant get the proper effects from MDMA is you use it more often than about once a month. Shulgin suggested that it looses its proper feeling after only about 6 doses.
    budda wrote:
    Most users do it, but you cant get the proper effects from MDMA is you use it more often than about once a month. Shulgin suggested that it looses its proper feeling after only about 6 doses.

That's very true. I remember when some people in my friends group first started using MDMA they believed it to be the greatest substance ever. After some time they weren't getting the same effects and concluded that the MDMA they were getting wasn't as good as the original stuff. It was actually just that they'd been using most weekends and the drug had lost it's novelty, and tolerance had built up. I believe it is possible to regain a good proportion of the original effects through periods of abstinence, but I don't think you'll ever get the same magic again.
    budda wrote:

So so true.
    I remember the days of taking like 2 pills and being absolutely MASHED for the whole night....these days I have to keep 'topping up' like every hour and end up doing stupid and un-needed amounts of pills in a night....it's not really worth it, you might aswell take E infrequently (about once a month or less) and let your tolerance stay reasonably low so you don't have to waste money and go through fuck loads of pills in a night to get the same or maybe even a worse buzz than if you take say 3 pills but only once a month or whatever.
    I've been taking pills for over 10 years now, for about 6 years it was every weekend, up until the point that I'd take stupid amounts, and I wouldn't even consider going out unless I knew I had some. These days altho I still take them, I go out alot less, and sometimes I don't even bother, don't usually even have any in advance, but if some find their way to me, I rarely say no, however I rarely take more than 2 now, and sometimes even a half is enough for a pleasant buzz. I think I'm just growing out of it, I'd much rather get pissed these days.

used to take shit loads of speed too, but haven't touched that in years, don't really bother with any other drugs, maybe the odd line of coke, but I can never afford it so it's usually only a couple of times a year if I'm feeling flush!

I definately feel alot better for it.
    i smoke cannabis daily ... as for the e's etc i try and avoid them as much as possible but i tend to go through phases, ill take them every weekend for a month or two then not bother with them for a few months .. laying off for a few months definatly brings back a good bit of the buzz but it'll never be the same as it was!
    Yeah my boyfriend has been taking pills every weekend for about 7 years of his life, I really do wonder how he gets an effect from them now, I'm sure it's psychological.

I'm trying to get him to lay off them though because its got to the point where he won't even consider going out if he hasn't got any (which is rare, because there's ALWAYS some around). Sometimes I just want to go for a few drinks but it seems the whole weekend revolves around drugs.