Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Not To Wear

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    lol don't get worked up over what my_name says about clothes. she only wears plain minging jeans and baggy t-shirts so anything other than that is bad in her opinion.

touche! :thumb:
    sophia wrote:
    Give it long enough and you two will get your claws out eventually, hey?

I do get the feeling i've just stepped in a puddle of bad blood...
    :lol: I forgot you can't do anything but compliments.
    sophia wrote:
    oh here we go. its alright for my_name to bitch about anything that she doesn't wear and tell us how much it makes her want to vomit then?
    sophia wrote:

god i want to shout at you. :razz:

like lipsy says - my_name criticises the clothes that she knows many people (such as me and lipsy) wear. so why can't we do the same?
    Difference being, Manda said she disliked the clothes, whereas Lipsy was specific that she didn't like Manda's clothes, so it's "attack on the person" or something.

Please don't shout at me :(
    god i want to shout at you. :razz:

like lipsy says - my_name criticises the clothes that she knows many people (such as me and lipsy) wear. so why can't we do the same?

At the risk of sounding like someone's dad: what does it matter? Of all the things to concern yourself with, what an internet poster thinks of your fashion choices has got to be pretty insignificant.

Now, the price of peppers, that's something worth worrying about...
    i look good in anything so there you go. :thumb:

and FYI my_name has criticised something i was wearing in a photo thread ages ago.
    At the risk of sounding like someone's dad: what does it matter? Of all the things to concern yourself with, what an internet poster thinks of your fashion choices has got to be pretty insignificant.

Now, the price of peppers, that's something worth worrying about...

so why is sophia so concerned about what lipsy said about my_name??
    so why is sophia so concerned about what lipsy said about my_name??

I have absolutely no idea.
    sophia wrote:
    Because Manda is my friend.

I'm utterly lost. I've no idea who's friends with who and what other agendas are in play here.

How about i admit i'm wearing a Ben Sherman jumper i bought years ago because i thought it was cool. I can't bring myself to throw it away because it's comfy and it fits well. Has that eased any fashion-tension?
    Violette wrote:
    no, it was the conceited opinion that my_name thinks she decides what looks good on everyone and even if the person thinks 'hey i look good!' it really isn't true, because everyone else knows the truth.

i'm in an easily wound up mood.

Thats what everyone in this thread has done...
    i look good in anything so there you go. :thumb:

and FYI my_name has criticised something i was wearing in a photo thread ages ago.

And you've done the same. I believe you called me blind. (as one of the nicer things) :thumb:
    Well, they're not a right lot of use for anything else.
    :lol:
    my_name wrote:
    And you've done the same. I believe you called me blind. (as one of the nicer things) :thumb:

i was saying you'd said it because khss said you were criticising people generally not individually. i was merely removing your halo.

i never said i didn't criticise you!
    Well, they're not a right lot of use for anything else.

aww someone get my mummy the nasty man upset me.

:(
    At the risk of sounding like a mod: I think my_name and Lipsy are quite big enough to defend themselves, without people having to start taking sides. Give your opinion on the debate in question but doesn't anyone else find people jumping to other people's defences straight away (when there is no need) annoying?!
    Like someone said, just because you are friends/like someone doesn't mean you have to stick up for them!
    My two pence worth: you may continue children :p
    and by the way i dont like leggings under anything but i love boots over slim fitting jeans!
    i was saying you'd said it because khss said you were criticising people generally not individually. i was merely removing your halo.

i never said i didn't criticise you!
    Nah, I didn't mean it like that. Just pointing out the difference in arguments, like in Critical Thinking A Level.

I'm staying out of all this, it makes my head hurt.
    i wasn't defending lipsy i was saying she made a good point. :)
    *sniffle*
    it's ok they were only crocodile tears. ;)
    Ok :)
    VinylVicky wrote:
    and by the way i dont like leggings under anything but i love boots over slim fitting jeans!

That is because we have taste my dear. Boots over jeans is a fantastic look on anyone with the legs and butt to pull it off.
    Tight leggings with a short skirt looks awful on anyone who isn't a five-year-old girl pretending to be a princess and/or attending ballet class. Unless you're a five-year-old in a tutu then you look like a fat-arsed tramp. Shop mannequins look like fat-arsed tramps in that gear, and they're usually a size four.

That said, you get bonus points if your leggings have horizontal stripes- not only do girls wearing this combo look like they've got an arse the size of Finland, they've got thunderthighs that Michelle McManus would wince at too!

The only thing worse than this is a girl wearing leggings with 3/4 length jeans. The only thing worse than this is a girl wearing leggings with 3/4 jeans and white ugg boots.

I'm still continually amazed by girls wearing the floaty gypsy tops- again, they make the mannequin look pregnant, so what hope does a normal girl have?

Tucking jeans into boots is always a no-no. Even if you have the slender calves required it makes your calves look about 4 inches tall. If you're 6'4 and weigh six stone I could see you making it work, but otherwise NO! They invented bootcut for a reason.

I'm also hating gold hooped earrings- great if you're from the Meadow Well, but not if you're not.

I like the look of girls wearing big baggy jeans and a fitted hoody. It looks a bit scruffy, it looks a bit emo, and I think thats great.

I wish I looked half as good as Jose Mourinho. He is the perfect example of how a man should dress.
    Kermit wrote:
    I like the look of girls wearing big baggy jeans and a fitted hoody. It looks a bit scruffy, it looks a bit emo, and I think thats great.
    but then the girl would look like a scruffy boy!
    Kermit wrote:
    The only thing worse than this is a girl wearing leggings with 3/4 length jeans.

Eh? I can't say I've ever seen that, but what would be the point exactly? Surely you wouldn't see the leggings if both were 3/4 length. The mind boggles!

I think jeans tucked into boots can - and often does - look very stylish, but it's occasionally done so badly that the sheen has worn off that look a bit for me.