Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Had enough

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you cope with things when you feel you really have had enough ?

I seriously feel like getting run over at the minute as Im just sick of everything. Friends keep saying dont worry things will get better, but they dont!

Nobody really knows how shit, angry and fucked off i feel.

I feel like just running away somewhere and just hiding away, anything to try and escape. You would think I would have learnt by now, running away solves nothing (but it feels like it could help)

ps: rant over, (hasnt been a great day)

Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whats the matter?
    I know how you feel, I get like that alot.
    everything! I couldnt possibly go into everything. I would be here hours!

I just need things to change in my life cos at the minute I have had enough. For the last 3/4 months my life has just consisted of nothing, and its going nowhere.

Im under pressure from all sides, but nothing is giving an inch! I need to move out of my parents home, need a job but cant get one, sick of being on my own, have thousands in debts, no gf and a life not worth living.
    how old are you?

you don't NEED to move out of your parents house if you have money problems and you don't NEED a girlfriend either (rich, coming from me) and no life is a life not worth living.
    24, just finished uni...

Yeah living back at home is one of the major problems. I dont talk with some of my family and there is real tension around. Moving out is the best thing I can do, but cant get a job so cant move on.

Its one big visious cirlce!!!!
    Everyone goes through bad patches.

you are probably still hyped up from Uni where im guessing was a bit more action packed and fast paced.

Get a job...any job.....just to keep you from going out of your mind. I think not having a job is probably the most annoying thing, having so much time to think about everything that bothers you.

Once you have any job (no matter how shit), your brain will be semi active inthe day keeping you occupied for 8 hours or so, then you will be earning money where you can pay your loans off. Which once they are gone are a great stress relief.

I find going for a job with an mp3 player on its loudest helps me.

Just a thought...failing that some nice dohnuts :D
    thing is im trying to get a job in the other end of the country, Im trying to avoid getting a job where i live because I just wanna get as far away from my family as possible.

Things arent very good at home and havent been for years. Things cant happen quick enough.
    Try a spray called Rescue Remedy, it's a blend of five flowers and just calms me down that edge when i need it.

What sort of town do you live in? what opportunities to meet new people are there? it doesn't always have to be a peer group; once when i was at home I went to a dance group and was the youngest by at least 15 years. yeah none of them became great friends but it was company and something different.

offer your services as a volunteer whilst looking for a job?

if you enjoyed uni, look at going back into education?
    Phoenix_ wrote:
    Get a job...any job.....

:yes:

i suggest you dont move out yet. Obviously its ur choice, but i wouldnt. Id want an income before i had to start paying rent. just put up with your house for a little while until you know you can afford rent. And i assume all your debts are student loans? So thats good every1 has those, and from what i understand you dont need to pay them off untill you have a good wage. If things are happening too slow. Make them happen faster - i know its easier said. But be determined to get a job!! Spend your days trying to get one and then spend your days doing it!

and in the evenings, go out with your friends to get out of the house for a bit if its too tense. If you have lost your social circle due to uni etc, then take up an evening class? and youll make friends.

hope it gets better soon :)
    :)
    I wish it was just student loans, I had so many credit cards, I ended up lying to get a 10k loan! Its my own fault I know, but just wish I had never took it out. What goes around comes around. Its just another added pressure.

I spend 24 hr a day in my bedroom on this laptop searching for jobs. I dont know whats wrong with me but I must be the must unemployable graduate this year :) Do i get an award for this ?:cool:

I havent yet lost all my friends, but Im always so down and unhappy, the last thing I feel like doing is being around people I envy so much for their lives.

Taking up an evening class is a good idea though, hopefully i will be movin on in a couple of weeks though. Just gotta come up with some way of paying the rent and loan. Once i crack that one i will be back in business at least.

Cheers :D
    like me, you have only just graduated and this next year or 2 is going to be very stressful. the majority of graduates have to go through it; moving back with your parents, losing some independence, facing your debts and overdrafts, leaving behind your uni friends and life, finding work. its all going to take time and sometimes you will feel really down. make sure you talk to your friends or family about it as well as here. understand that you are not the only one going through it.
    you should hang out with your friends more -don't lose touch with them. try not to worry because it will all fall into place eventually :)
    Have you tried a temping agency?
    No I havent..

Im trying to get a job in the other end of the country (call it running away if you like ) but I have to do it.

I need to earn a certain wage though, I may not like it but I have huge fixed costs every month. Suppose its just another complication.

Cheers peeps
    Well, I've always found that it's easier to find work when I'm in work.

Even if it's just a crappy temp admin job, it'd be getting you out and about. And, it'd be giving you experience, so you'd stand a better chance at snagging a job further afield.
    Calvin wrote:
    No I havent..

Im trying to get a job in the other end of the country (call it running away if you like ) but I have to do it.

I need to earn a certain wage though, I may not like it but I have huge fixed costs every month. Suppose its just another complication.

Cheers peeps

A temping agency could help you there too. If you know of one in your area, maybe inquire if they have offices where you are looking to live. They could hook you up with them. Also, I've worked with temping places all the time (and got this job thru one) and they can also help you with the money situation. You tell them how much you are looking to make. GIve them what you want to make, make sure they know what the lowest is you would be willing to make.

Also, have you considered posting your resume online? I'm not sure if there are UK versions but places like monster.com, careerbuilder or hotjobs. You can also state what your desierd salary and location is, even across the country. Just recently I did that and have gotten dozens of calls from places. Just get out there and make yourself available and soon jobs will come to you and you'll be able to pick and choose to best fit your needs, not just something because its all there is :)
    Calvin wrote:
    I wish it was just student loans, I had so many credit cards, I ended up lying to get a 10k loan! Its my own fault I know, but just wish I had never took it out. What goes around comes around. Its just another added pressure.

If you are having debt problems, try these people: Consumer Credit Counselling Service.

Don't bury your head in the sand, and don't think that there is no solution. It's only money, there's always a way around things. Ring up this charity and see what advice they can give, they're very good. Try and lower the amount you pay on your credit before it gets worse.

As for work, well, try a temping agency. You're in Newcastle too, aren't you? If you are, ring up Solutions Recruitment and get registered with them. I've worked for them for a few years until I got my current job and they, too, are fantastic. I'd work for them again, no question. Last time I was out of work they found me a job in a week, working for a decent company too.

As for nobody understanding money pressures and social pressures, we've all been there. I've been stuck out of work with no money and it really does suck, but running away doesn't solve anything. Have a go at ringing the people I've suggested because I know that they are very good and might be able to give you a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
    Calvin wrote:
    I
    I spend 24 hr a day in my bedroom on this laptop searching for jobs. I dont know whats wrong with me but I must be the must unemployable graduate this year :) Do i get an award for this ?:cool:
    nope, thats me lol

seriously, i know how u feel

i`ve applied and applied for jobs, even shitty jobs like workin in a shop and have been turned down! its hard.... i wanted to hold out till something in my field came up, but i just cant do it anymore and have applied for an office job, just to get some experience behind me, my degree doesnt seem to be enough!

seriously, chin up....just know that ur not alone and that there`s always someone worse off than you!

x