Home› Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can anyone help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my ex split up ages ago, which i think most of you know about. When we split he changed my msn password and my secret question and locked me out of my account. i have a friend who is still friends with both of us and my ex says he cant remember what he changed the password to. im not too bothered about the account itself as ive set up a new one anyway, but on my friends list there were quite a few old friends and msn was the only we kept intouch. theres one in particular who's phone was broken at the time so e-mail was the only way of keepin intouch. since the password was changed i have lost touch with her. ive tried remembering her e-mail address but seem to have got it wrong as ive not heard anything. does anyone have any other idea's for a way of tracking her down? she lives in billingham, nr middlesborough so its quite a long way from where i live so there's no other mates who would talk to her.

any help would be greatly appreciated
xx

Comments

• Options
    Have you searched her name on MySpace? (Sorry it's a bit feeble, couldn't think of anyhting off the top of my head)

Did he change your secret question to anything you could guess the answer too if you got creative?
  • Options
    tried looking on myspace and couldnt find anything, tried with the secret question when it was first changed as well and there was no luck :(
  • Options
    maybe you should email your previous mail provider with your previous password n secret question and ask them for help?..
  • Options
    Yeah, I think if you contacted hotmail or msn or whatever they should be able to get you back on your old account!
  • Options
    youhave to log in every 30 days or ur account disables then you have to pay for it to be reopened. so if he hasn't logged in, in a while, then it will cost you even if u did get ur password
  • Options
    i think i might contact hotmail anyway, not got anything to lose, thanx guys, someone else suggested friends reunited so im gonna try that too :)
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    youhave to log in every 30 days or ur account disables then you have to pay for it to be reopened. so if he hasn't logged in, in a while, then it will cost you even if u did get ur password

that cant be true can it? 's rubbish if it is!
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    that cant be true can it? 's rubbish if it is!
    yp it is, it's happened to moi before
  • Options
    facebook or bebo or somewhere too
  • Options
    I found doing internet search after internet search you can track someone down :thumb:. Any information you have about them really... they may be in the BT directory for instance.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    yp it is, it's happened to moi before
    I get locked out of my college Hotmail addy, everytime I try to log in (because I use it about twice a year, if that). I've just clicked to reactivate it, and never had to pay. Same if I ever check my old hotmail address .
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I get locked out of my college Hotmail addy, everytime I try to log in (because I use it about twice a year, if that). I've just clicked to reactivate it, and never had to pay. Same if I ever check my old hotmail address .
    you lucky thing
  • Options
    on the msn homepage, u can search users, every1 with a hotmail addy comes up....try that
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:

Ditto, it happens frequently with me. Never heard anything about paying. :eek:
  • Options
    Would finding her address be of any help, you could then send her a letter asking her to get in contact or leaving your contact details.

If you click on the link, and click the yellow 'people' tab at the top of the page. http://www.b4usearch.com/

It then asks you for the persons name and town. Fill in these details and it should help to track them down along with her address.

I hope this helps, let me know if your succesful as there are other ways of contacting your friend :thumb:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    on the msn homepage, u can search users, every1 with a hotmail addy comes up....try that

would you be able to get a link for that? ive had a look but i cant seem to find where you mean :)
  • Options
    Lost Soul wrote:
    Would finding her address be of any help, you could then send her a letter asking her to get in contact or leaving your contact details.

If you click on the link, and click the yellow 'people' tab at the top of the page. http://www.b4usearch.com/

It then asks you for the persons name and town. Fill in these details and it should help to track them down along with her address.

I hope this helps, let me know if your succesful as there are other ways of contacting your friend :thumb:

thanx for that link, ive tried it, but i think her address might be in her stepdads name. it was cause of him that they moved down there so its most likely, but i dont know his sirname :(
  • Options
    that makes things more difficult!

Have you tried friendsreunited, searching for her name and area in the UK?

Its a long shot but if she is registered it may help.
  • Options
    no luck on friends reunited :( although i did come across some people i havent spoke to in a while.
  • Options
    thanx for that link, ive tried it, but i think her address might be in her stepdads name. it was cause of him that they moved down there so its most likely, but i dont know his sirname :(

Have you tried her with just her initials etc? Because if I put my name in, I come up, but my house isn't in my name as I still live with my parents. I'm down as "N J" though, not "Nicola".
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Have you tried her with just her initials etc? Because if I put my name in, I come up, but my house isn't in my name as I still live with my parents. I'm down as "N J" though, not "Nicola".

just tried it and no luck :(, ive e-mailed hotmail so im guessin thats my last bit of hope