Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For those that have been Hammersmith Apollo in London...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm seeing Evanescence there on the 20th November *trys not to jump around and get excited again* :hyper:

Anyways, I wanna be right right right near the front, as in, by the barrier at the front if poss.

Basically, the doors open at 7pm. I'm willing to wait ages but like, I am not quite sure how long I will need to wait. What time would you guys suggest I start to queue up?

The tickets are all sold out so like, its gonna be busy.

Also, for those who know the area, is there like any nearby places to like go the toilet and stuff (as stupid as that sounds) as I really don't think I'm gonna be able to go hours waiting in the queue without going. HAHA. I'll have to get the person I'm going with to save my place whilst I go.

Any replies would be appreciated. :D
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take a bottle. ;)
  • Options
    Thats really not much help :p

My friend suggested wearing a nappy. Oh dear.
  • Options
    About 5-6pm I'd imagine.

Depends how spod-tastic Evanescence fans are really.

I'm fairly sure there are a few pubs that you can nash into if you're deperate for the loo.
  • Options
    Isn't 5pm really late though if the doors open at 7pm if I wanna be right at the front?

One person told me I should queue up between 3pm-4pm.
  • Options
    If I were you (depending how willing you are) I'd take the earliest time suggested to you (I don't know the area/have experience of getting to places early) and go an hour earlier. If you're too early, you can wander around nearby and dash back if you need to.
  • Options
    Isn't 5pm really late though if the doors open at 7pm if I wanna be right at the front?

One person told me I should queue up between 3pm-4pm.

Probably but you have to bear in mind that you'll likely be on your feet at least 6 hours straight if you get there around 4pm. Loud gigs aren't much fun if you're knackered.

I've never been that fussed about being right at the front, you get the worst possible sound, it's sweaty and uuugghh. You're better off at the back, it's closer to the bar :o
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    I've never been that fussed about being right at the front, you get the worst possible sound, it's sweaty and uuugghh. You're better off at the back, it's closer to the bar :o

That's true. I love being at the front for the atmosphere... but at the last gig I went to (Babyshambles <3) I stood about halfway back - the atmosphere was still good but I could get to the bar and the sound was far faaaar better.
  • Options
    Mmmmm. Maybe I would be better nearish the middle then. I just wanna get as close as poss tbh. I'm a proper freaky fan!
  • Options
    I saw Korn (my favourite band ever) there and Slipknot & Skayer (The Unholy Alliance)....both were sold out and I got there roughly two hours before the doors opened and I was right at the front both times.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the hammersmith apollo but i drive past manchester apollo on the way to work and sometimes there are fans there at 9am!
  • Options
    hmm.. if you really do want to get to the front, id get there at lunchtime just to check it out. if noones there im sure you can find something to occupy yourself for a few hours before going back again. im guessing evanescence wont be quite the same but like, people queued up for 3 DAYS to see robbie. and they'll alway be a few fans that get there mega early.
  • Options
    I've been there in fact it was to see evanescence two years ago. You'll have to get there at least a few hours before to get right to the front of the venue, it's pretty big but make sure you're wrapped up wam if its gonna be cold and make use of the cloak room (we tend to take a massive carrier bag and shov everything in that then you only have to pay once ;))
  • Options
    Opps. double post!
  • Options
    Haven't been to the Hammersmith apollo but generally with most venues i go to (Brixton, The Forum) an hour or two before the doors open is perfectly sufficient for getting to the front. Though, saying that, if Evanescence are the kinda band that tend to have a lot of hardcore fans or do very few shows in England, extend it by another hour or two.
  • Options
    I'm a proper big fan! :D

They are only doing two gigs in the UK. One in London then again in Manchester the next day. They are more popular in other countries tbh.

They sold out all their tickets very quickly though so its hard to judge how much everyone likes them and how early I think they are going to get there.

I'm thinking of getting there for about 4pm tbh. I'm going to have to speak to the guy I'm going with though to see if he is prepared to wait that long! Haha.
  • Options
    When I saw Korn there that was their only show in the UK that year and it sold real quick, I'm a proper hardcore Korn fan and I turned up there roughly 2 hours before the doors opened and I managed to get right to the front, had to push through a few people but I got there!
  • Options
    I saw HIM at the Hammersmith Apollo about a year ago. (Some fans start queuing for HIM at around 8am, for a show at 7pm)

The best way to get to the front is to edge through the crowd.
    Queueing up at 8 in the morning before the gig isn't going to 'secure' you a place anywhere - people will always push to be at the front whether they've queued from 8am or turned up half an hour before the doors open.

Try and stay low and just work your way past everyone, say excuse me and then just move lol.
  • Options
    Is it standing or seated? If it's seated then I can understand why you would want to get there early, if it's standing then it doesn't matter what time you get there. If you're that determined to be at the front, then you will probably get there, but there will be a lot of people equally as determined too. :)

If there is a support band as well, then between stage setups there may be a break, and a lot of people will filter off to the bar/toilet, giving you a good opportunity to move forward.

And if all else fails I supose, then it's head down, shoulder in.
  • Options
    Its standing.

Surely you would have to queue up longer for standing rather than seating?
  • Options
    oh another tip is when you're in the crowd, if big guys push past you follow them :D
  • Options
    HAHA cool tip Kirsty! :D
  • Options
    Its standing.

Surely you would have to queue up longer for standing rather than seating?

True, but if it's standing you just work your way through the crowd to wherever you want to get to (which usually will be quite dispersed before the music starts). If it was seating then I could understand getting there early to get a seat at the front (but then you usually get seat numbers). You won't miss anything queuing because the doors will open early enough to get everyone in before the music starts.