Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Electoral Roll

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there a certain age you have to go on it? Or is it something different?

I'm just confused is all, I've been searching for people on B4USearch.com, and for my household, me and my parents come up because we're all on the electoral roll, I remember my mum telling me she'd got a letter about putting me on it.

Thing is, I've searched for various friends parents, all my age or older, but none of them are on it? Such as, if I've worked out when I was put on correctly, both my boyfriend and his brother should now be on it... but it only comes up as their mum and dad.

Random question, I know, can't you tell it's my day off :)

Comments

• Options
    On the new roll, you can opt out of being on the 'open' one, so names won't come up on B4Usearch.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    On the new roll, you can opt out of being on the 'open' one, so names won't come up on B4Usearch.
    Ah that explains why some of my friends families aren't coming up then, but surely if their parents come up, they should as well? Or can you opt out as a single person rather than the whole household?
  • Options
    You can opt out individually
  • Options
    Ah that makes sense then :)
  • Options
    so if you find someone on there is that where they are living NOW? what if they moved out but they are renting or they never updated the electoral role? i dont know how it works.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    so if you find someone on there is that where they are living NOW? what if they moved out but they are renting or they never updated the electoral role? i dont know how it works.
    See that's what I wondered, so I checked my mates family, but it seems they've all opted out, and I can't find her at her new address either. Hmmm....
  • Options
    It's where they were living when that years electoral roll was compiled.
  • Options
    She must have still been living at home then, and they've opted out :)
  • Options
    Also, B4Useacrh is pretty crap as i've just found out.

Mum died 6 years ago, dad died 2 years ago and moved and they're still on at the old address !
  • Options
    That is SO dodgy. I didn't realise its so easy to find out where someone lives! Next time I get an electoral roll thing I wanna opt out and Im gonna tell my mum too as well. Scary stuff.
  • Options
    I'm still confused, I don't think it's possible that ALL OF MY FRIENDS have opted out, but their parents havent, and I'm on there and they aren't. Stupid thing making me obsess!
  • Options
    Children aren't listed on the electoral roll. It should be adults only.
  • Options
    We have to opt in here. I have a wee voting card and all, legit ID over here aswell.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I'm confused, i know I am on the electoral roll, but not according to this website. However, dad is, but I aint too impressed with the whole, 'this is where he lives, by the way we can even give you full on directions to track him down! you dont even need to make an effort to go onto another website!' no no no, dont track down my dad..!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    I'm confused, i know I am on the electoral roll, but not according to this website. However, dad is, but I aint too impressed with the whole, 'this is where he lives, by the way we can even give you full on directions to track him down! you dont even need to make an effort to go onto another website!' no no no, dont track down my dad..!

I think it is because a lot of the information is out of date. When I was searching around, it had a lot of info that was wrong and had been wrong for a few years.
  • Options
    I think it is because a lot of the information is out of date. When I was searching around, it had a lot of info that was wrong and had been wrong for a few years.
    ah ha, that would make sense i suppose, hence Rubber's post. but I have been on there for nearly 5 years now...still a bit odd. ill not lose any sleep mind!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    ah ha, that would make sense i suppose, hence Rubber's post. but I have been on there for nearly 5 years now...still a bit odd. ill not lose any sleep mind!

:yes:

Like, one of my neighbours had home had moved out about 6 years ago but her address is still her old one. All a bit strange.
  • Options
    :yes:

Like, one of my neighbours had home had moved out about 6 years ago but her address is still her old one. All a bit strange.
    It is, if we had the time my dear, maybe we could do a new and up to date one...but i think it might be kinda boring! :p
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    It is, if we had the time my dear, maybe we could do a new and up to date one...but i think it might be kinda boring! :p

Yeah, I think I'm washing my hair that day :p
  • Options
    Children aren't listed on the electoral roll. It should be adults only.

Your parents list you on the electoral roll when you are 17. Which is why I'm on there, but it baffles me how no more of my friends are.

But, some of it is rather out of date, such as my next door neighbours moved around this time last year, and they're still on there, and a friends husband is still listed under their address even though he left a good 18 months ago and is in his new house.

They've managed to remove the two people I know who've died this year though. It is a rather strange website. Hey hum, it creepy how people could find me if they wanted to though :shocking:
  • Options
    As I understand it, the 2005/2006 electoral roll is something you have to pay to see. Hence it not being on a free site like b4usearch. It's probably the 2004/2005 one thats up, maybe even the 2003/2004 electoral roll. I'm on there, even though I opted out the public records a couple of years ago. My address on there is correct and I moved to this house in 2002/2003. Therefore I guess the addresses on there are ones collected in 2002/2003 or 2003/2004.
  • Options
    As I understand it, the 2005/2006 electoral roll is something you have to pay to see. Hence it not being on a free site like b4usearch. It's probably the 2004/2005 one thats up, maybe even the 2003/2004 electoral roll.

That'd make sense in the case that I can't find anyone else I know, but I'm on there though, and I wasn't put on til late last year. Stupid thing. It's bugged me all week now.
  • Options
    As I understand it, the 2005/2006 electoral roll is something you have to pay to see. Hence it not being on a free site like b4usearch. It's probably the 2004/2005 one thats up, maybe even the 2003/2004 electoral roll. I'm on there, even though I opted out the public records a couple of years ago. My address on there is correct and I moved to this house in 2002/2003. Therefore I guess the addresses on there are ones collected in 2002/2003 or 2003/2004.

More like 2000/2001 !! Mum died in 2000 and she's still there :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    More like 2000/2001 !! Mum died in 2000 and she's still there :)

Sorry to hear that Rubber :(

I was just going on the fact I moved into this house in June 2002 and the information they have for me is right. God help me if someone was stalking me cos there is no-one else that shares my freaky name and I'm really easy to find!
  • Options
    This thread reminds me that I need to get in touch with the council and get myself on the electoral roll at my new place.

Plus this search website might only update parts at a time