Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where do you stash yours when your out?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to plaster them to the inside of my knickers, or use the little pocket thing like VV said. I wouldn't use my bra... JUST in case I was checked properly. Usually they just check my bag and that... at MoS in London, they properly frisked us.
    jesus christ, i wasn't aware so many people pop pills around there...

scary...
    Likewise! In my simple little world I would have thought the easiest thing to d would be not take them in the first place?
    Likewise! In my simple little world I would have thought the easiest thing to d would be not take them in the first place?
    you're right that would be easier! thats sorted then -no more pills for me!
    True...it is so easy just to say no...but is it really? Once you've done pills at clubs and raves several times, would clubbing/raving ever be the same without them? I don't know, I haven't tried without them for years...
    i was being sarky
    Just to let you people know...

It is NOT illegal for a bouncer to frisk you.
    Girls - the old trick of not letting people touch you simply does not hold water. If they have male bouncers, they cant frisk you, but a female bouncer can touch you where ever they like if they suspect you are carrying drugs.
    They cant strip search you, but can use their hands outside clothing.

The PC brigade try and claim bouncers cant search you, but believe me, they can. A girl mate of mine tried this line, got taken to court, and went down for 6 months for having 15 pills on her outside a club.

so dont, for the life of you think that you can get away with it if you put stuff in your bra, or knickers. They can search where ever they want.
    After all, its their club, and they get fined or shut down if people are found to be on drugs...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    jayjay620 wrote:
    but a female bouncer can touch you where ever they like if they suspect you are carrying drugs.

No they can't.

As for where I used to keep pills when I sold in clubs? A bollock bag.

A little bag with a draw string that loops over your fly button, whilst the bag sits next to your bollocks. Always worked for me.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    A bollock bag.
    :lol: oooo lovely!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is a factsheet on Bouncers and the Law that may help clarify, quoted below -
    Searches

Bouncers can, by law, search you for weapons and drugs. Clubs have the right to search anyone entering their premises, and must provide searchers of both sexes i.e. women to search women, men to search men. They can refuse entry to anyone who refuses a search but they can only insist on searching outside clothes, pockets or bags. Legally, they can only conduct strip searches and searches inside clothes with your permission in private with an independent witness. Only police or customs officers have the powers to strip search you without agreement - if a door supervisor searches inside your clothes or performs a strip search without your permission they may be charged with assault.

If they find any weapons or drugs they can confiscate them and detain you until the police arrive. Anything else taken from you must be returned to you when you leave.

There should be a clearly visible notice displaying the club's searching and complaints policy. If you feel you have been mistreated at a club, try to take down all the details as soon as possible, noting down the names/numbers/description of the people involved and the time of the incident.
    But that doesn't say much about where bouncers are specifically allowed to frisk you. I'm almost certain they not allowed to touch men or women between their legs, and women's chests.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    No they can't.

As for where I used to keep pills when I sold in clubs? A bollock bag.

A little bag with a draw string that loops over your fly button, whilst the bag sits next to your bollocks. Always worked for me.

Well mate. They can.

Id suggest you look into it a little more before taking pills into clubs and trying to look like you know what you're talking about

You can cry till the cows come home about how a bouncer frisked you where he or she shouldnt have done. Thats exactly what my friend did. The old 'infrigement on human rights' bullshit.

The courts couldnt give a toss. In their view, and rightly so, if you take drugs onto a clubs' their premises, they risk prosecution.

Also, you have the drugs on you, its your own fault for trying to smuggle them in.

Once again, she got SIX MONTHS IN PRISON for 15 pills.

Think its worth it?
    Skive wrote:
    But that doesn't say much about where bouncers are specifically allowed to frisk you. I'm almost certain they not allowed to touch men or women between their legs, and women's chests.

They can. As the post above says, outside clothes, is OK.
    calm down jayjay, your tone is slightly on the agressive side. Any chance you could post up some evidence?

My understanding is that bouncers are leaving themselves open to assult charges if they give those areas any more that a cursory pat, so a lot elect not to do it. I'll find some clarification of the law and post it up tomorrow, unless someone finds it in the meantime.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I'll find some clarification of the law

I've been looking round now for 2 days concerning searches at work in another forum and i can't find a thing ! If you happen to find anything regarding searches at work LJ post it up, ta :)
    jayjay620 wrote:
    They can. As the post above says, outside clothes, is OK.

Proove it. Source it for me.

As for selling pills - I havn't done it years, and the fact that I made made money and never got prosecuted means yes, I do think it was worth it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Here you go...
    http://www.sorted4.info/html/400/502.html
    Many clubs you'll go to will insist on a search before you can get it. Technically, bouncers have no legal rights to search you, but clubs can (and do) make it a condition of entry. You can say 'no' of course but then they can (politely) shut the door in your face. Good night.

Bouncers can only search outside clothes, pockets and bags. They must do it in a decent manner and with respect. If they want to search inside your clothes they have to ask your permission. Under no circumstances can they perform an intimate search (i.e. underwear) or strip searches. Only police are empowered to strip search - and even they can't do without taking you to a police station.
    Weekender Offender 
    In all the times ive been searched ive never had any of them go any deeper than over the clothes....only one has ever "cupped" me, but i was in particularly baggy jeans that night. They've never even gone in my pockets.

regardless of what they can or cant do, your running a major risk, so hide it up your ass if you have to, seems to be the only sure fire way of not getting caught....

"Excuse me sir, you appear to be walking funny, do you have drugs up your arse?".....hmmmm
    "Excuse me sir, you appear to be walking funny, do you have drugs up your arse

No, i've just been buggered by a bouncer for carrying drugs into his club :D
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I've been looking round now for 2 days concerning searches at work in another forum and i can't find a thing ! If you happen to find anything regarding searches at work LJ post it up, ta :)

You mean drug searches? There is a factsheet called Drug Testing at Work...
    RubberSkin wrote:
    No, i've just been buggered by a bouncer for carrying drugs into his club :D
    haha sicko
    Skive wrote:
    Proove it. Source it for me.

As for selling pills - I havn't done it years, and the fact that I made made money and never got prosecuted means yes, I do think it was worth it.

Look mate, im not gonna go trawling the internet for proof that she went to prison.
    I know the rules, in fact you posted them. Look at the part that says they can search outside clothes.

I couldnt care less whether you choose to beleive me or not, i couldnt care less if you get busted and go to prison, it simply doesnt bother me. Im just posting what i know happened, and i know to be true. If you choose not to beleive it, then fair enough!

All i know is, that bouncers can, and will, search you outside clothes. You dont need to be strip searched for them to find a bag of disco buiscuits.
    And if you get caught, with more than 10 pills, the likelyhood is youll go to prison.
    Whehter you beleive it to be personal consumption or not...

But anyway, people will do their own thing. I dont care what people get up to, if you choose to take pills into clubs, you're risking a prison sentence basically...
    LadyJade wrote:
    You mean drug searches?

No, searches at work. Security searches i spose. Someone in the work forum is having probs with them at work. This thread
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Look mate, im not gonna go trawling the internet for proof that she went to prison.
    I know the rules, in fact you posted them. Look at the part that says they can search outside clothes.

That wasn't what I asked to you to prooe actually. You're asseration was that...

"a female bouncer can touch you where ever they like if they suspect you are carrying drugs."

..and I asked to you to proove it, because s far as I'm aware bouncers have no right to frisk you in intimate areas
    jayjay620 wrote:
    i couldnt care less if you get busted and go to prison, it simply doesnt bother me.

Thanks.
    jayjay620 wrote:
    All i know is, that bouncers can, and will, search you outside clothes. You dont need to be strip searched for them to find a bag of disco buiscuits.

Searches by bouncers can only happen with your permission.
    Weekender Offender 
    i am not interested in stashing drugs becaus i know i would probaly get caught but u can get secial shoes where u can hide them in the heal. i dont know if u buy them like that or u have to make them youself out of a normal pair of shoes
    My best mate used to sell pills and he got busted with 200, he's been on bail for months now, he went to court but they just told him that his case was too serious for them and that he had to be sent to a High Magistrates court in London or something in another couple of months...He's definately going to prison, don't know how long for though
    By the way, he wasn't busted in a club...there's no way he would have got that many pills in a club lol
    when he did take pills to sell in clubs though he would tie them his nuts or stick them in his hollowed out Nike Air trainers (pull out the air bit)...
    I personally have always been to sketched to take any more than like 10 pills into a club and I drop whatever I take in myself.
    I only used to sell pills at house parties and shit where I knew I was safe
    pill 'ed wrote:
    My best mate used to sell pills and he got busted with 200, he's been on bail for months now, he went to court but they just told him that his case was too serious for them and that he had to be sent to a High Magistrates court in London or something in another couple of months...He's definately going to prison, don't know how long for though

Bad that one...
    He's looking at 5 or so years....
    When I did comunity service I worked with a 16 year old lad who'd been buying 120 pills with his mate. He got the maximum 240 hours, but escaped a prison sentance. A mate of mine got caught with 20 pills not so long a go and got 1 years bird.

It's unpredictable.
    Weekender Offender