Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gawd...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm starting to feel like I'm taking on a bit too much with uni... On top of classes I am environmental and ethical officer and have a job in sustainability... I am the president of the people and planet group (just been set up... I'm shit at public speaking!), a fundraiser for a charity, an appropriate adult, an environmental mentor, I am trying to help with the CaCC and on the NUS environmental council and trying to write for the paper.

I LOVE all I am doing and I am passionate about it, but I also am starting to lag behind with essays because I am so distracted... I really want to keep up with all I'm doing, but I am poor at time management and concentration...

Anybody got any suggestions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Diary, one with plenty of space for each day, and block time out for each thing in it.
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel like I'm taking on a bit too much with uni... On top of classes I am environmental and ethical officer and have a job in sustainability... I am the president of the people and planet group (just been set up... I'm shit at public speaking!), a fundraiser for a charity, an appropriate adult, an environmental mentor, I am trying to help with the CaCC and on the NUS environmental council and trying to write for the paper.

I LOVE all I am doing and I am passionate about it, but I also am starting to lag behind with essays because I am so distracted... I really want to keep up with all I'm doing, but I am poor at time management and concentration...

Anybody got any suggestions?

Fascist! :mad: ;)

Seriiously, that's quite a lot. I definately couldn't hack that!
  • Options
    Something's got to go, yeah, you dothings because you love them, but sooner or later something cracks, and it'd better not be you. You've got to decide what's most important, which is probably eating and sleeping followed by your degree, and in the time you've got left that's when you can do this stuff. Pick something, prefereably something that doesn't leave everyone else in the shit because you can't do it.
  • Options
    Havae you got a timetable of some sort? Making sure that you have enough time for lectures, study and the other stuff you do.
  • Options
    what year are you in?
  • Options
    what year are you in?
    Second...

I am definately dropping most of what I do for the third year.
  • Options
    WOW!

sorry for the serious lack of good advice but that's an amazing resume!
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    WOW!

sorry for the serious lack of good advice but that's an amazing resume!
    You kidding? I'm small fry compared to most the people I come in contact with in this field of work.
  • Options
    Second...

I am definately dropping most of what I do for the third year.

you'll need to! :grump:
  • Options
    How's it going? You need to be realistic about things, and remember that it's only any good if you do it well. It's often better to do a few things well then lots of things that you only have time to do the bare minimum for.

Don't forget your degree needs to come top of that list of prioritys not somewhere near the bottom. You've got the rest of your life to do good stuff, you've got this term to do this terms work for your degree!
  • Options
    How's it going? You need to be realistic about things, and remember that it's only any good if you do it well. It's often better to do a few things well then lots of things that you only have time to do the bare minimum for.

Don't forget your degree needs to come top of that list of prioritys not somewhere near the bottom. You've got the rest of your life to do good stuff, you've got this term to do this terms work for your degree!
    For sure and so far my degree is going fine. I just get in a pickle organising everything sometimes... I am lucky I work in sustainability though because it's flexible and also kind of like the environmental stuff I do...

Now somebody from the Mail wants to interview me :eek: it freaks me out sometimes.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I'm not offering any new advice (I think the main points have been mentioned already) but I'm really curious as to what an "appropiate adult" is. Could anyone explain this?

And yes, I agree with katralla - that is one amazing CV.