Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ear muffs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats everyones opinion on ear muffs?

If you saw someone in the street wearing them, would you point and laugh? Would you think they look stupid? Or would your reaction be no differrent to if someone was wearing a hat?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i personally think they look pretty comical.
    if it's fucking freezing outside i wouldnt say no
    I think my grandma has a pair. She looks hot. But hey, its winter and winter isn't about fashion, its about not freezing to death. If you've got your hair cute, and you don't want to look like dopey off snow white, earmuffs all the way :thumb:
    Ive recently bought some, because even earlier than this time of the year, the moment i step outside i get hideously bad ear-ache, yet i look like a *complete* twat wearing a hat, then theres the whole hat hair thing when you get indoors....plus hats dont prevent me getting ear ache.

Im yet to wear my earmuffs outside, im scared and embaressed but it needs to be done.

I reckon they're nice ones, not fluffy, black, and made out of nice fleecey wool type stuff and they match my scarf and gloves

I still think i look stupid in them, though. Not unlike a pilot

eta: excuse the worried look on my face (its because im worried about my muffs!!)
    I would probably smile to myself but if i was that cold i would wear them too but i am not fussed about being fashionable etc.
    i love them! anyone know where i can get a pair?
    I like them hehe.
    I love them! :D

They look really good on you, they're very subtle and not the enormous furry things I had as a child (and loved). Important to keep the old lugholes toasty anyway, earache is horrific. Where did you get 'em?
    briggi wrote:
    I love them! :D

They look really good on you, they're very subtle and not the enormous furry things I had as a child (and loved). Important to keep the old lugholes toasty anyway, earache is horrific. Where did you get 'em?

i got mine from claires accessories.

They're all about £4-5. theres a wide selection!! I originally got some skull ones with a plastic band, but it digged into my head so i swapped for these ones. They're made from special thermal stuff too!! they also have bigger fluffy ones in various colours
    omg i'm so there tomorrow
    it depends. some people would look really cute in them.

obviously not men.
    they are seriously awful. people call them a fashion accessory but how they can call them fashion anything i really dont know.
    I bought some last year from Claire's because we were waiting to see the Xmas lights get turned on and my ears were freezing. Mine are lilac and fluffy, and really OTT but I love them! :D I don't care if people think I look stupid, my ears are warm and theirs aren't!!
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I don't care if people think I look stupid, my ears are warm and theirs aren't!!
    That's how I see it.
    lea_uk wrote:
    That's how I see it.

Yeah exactly :D (I'm in a childish mood, so I was tempted to add "ner ner ner ner" Thought better of it :))
    If my ears were cold i'd wear them but I personally wouldn't wear them as a fashion accessory. I think they can look really cute on some people though, who can pull the look off.

I saw a guy wearing some horrific reindeer ones last christmas (imagine an ear muff version of the reindeer jumper from Bridget Jones). The worrying thing was i think he thought he looked cool in them :eek2:
    Depends on the person.

Really attractive/hip and edgy types can pull off anything..

Personally I think ear muffs are cool. But you could just wear one of those sherpa hats... like badly drawn boy =P
    Blah wrote:
    Ive recently bought some, because even earlier than this time of the year, the moment i step outside i get hideously bad ear-ache, yet i look like a *complete* twat wearing a hat, then theres the whole hat hair thing when you get indoors....plus hats dont prevent me getting ear ache.

Im yet to wear my earmuffs outside, im scared and embaressed but it needs to be done.

I reckon they're nice ones, not fluffy, black, and made out of nice fleecey wool type stuff and they match my scarf and gloves

I still think i look stupid in them, though. Not unlike a pilot

eta: excuse the worried look on my face (its because im worried about my muffs!!)
    Theyre lovely, but youre so gorgeous, youd look cute in anything.
    I think black or subtle colours look totally fine.

Even the brash ones aren't the silliest thing people are wearing at the moment. And as has been said, at least your shell likes will be toasty!
    blah looks good in hers, i dont think they suit me. In the street - if i saw someone looking good in them id think theyre so lucky they can look good in them, if they looked silly, id laugh to myself. And only subtle colours, nothing to bright or it stand out TOO much.
    Awww, they look cute on you!
    I have little black fleecy ones (thinsulate, v swish) and some very hairy white ones. I am in love :heart: Thank you claire's accesories

ETA: blah think i bought the same ones as you. they are mega cute! don't be embarassed going outside in them, wear them with pride. And if anyone points and laughs, point and laugh at their cold, chapped, tomato-coloured ears
    Nice Muff

Yeah, what the others say. Wear them! F*** fashion!

Do and wear what makes you happy and stick your tongue out at everyone else ( I wanted to say something more vulgar, but thought I'd already been sufficiently so...)

Oh yeah, and I have friend who has worn ear muffs (plain black) for two winters now, I'm sure she'll be wearing them again soon.

Personally I wear hats and think I look cute, though in reality I perhaps look stupid, but I really don't care! I like to be warm!
    Ear muffs

Hi all. Anyone know where in the UK, or on the web, I can buy those ear muffs like two hands....you know the "la, la, la, I can't hear you" type of novelty ones? :rolleyes:
    obviously not men.
    aww no i'd find that so cute!!
    i reckon i could pull them off. might get a pair
    lipsy wrote:
    i reckon i could pull them off. might get a pair

Do it :yes:

I only got them for pure warmth for a one off night last year, then discovered they didnt look all that bad! :D so kept wearing them. I never got laughed at by anyone other than my boyfriend who said I looked like a toddler. But he thinks lots of things I do and like make me like a toddler, I think its his way of showing affection :)
    Ive been wearing my muffs with pride!!

I stopped caring what other people think the moment i stepped outside and didnt get ear ache, for the first time in years .
    Blah wrote:
    Ive been wearing my muffs with pride!!

I stopped caring what other people think the moment i stepped outside and didnt get ear ache, for the first time in years .

Me too. Some people have made genuine nice comments, and I've had some nasty/sarcastic ones too. Tbh, I like mine, they are warm aand cosy-I don't care whether other people like them or not.
    Ear muffs are fucking great.

Got mine a few years ago when I went to New York - brown ones from Accessorize. :thumb:

Gonna grab some red ones I reckon...But shall wait 'til it gets colder.

So cute.
    Those ear muffs look good on you. Hooray for wearing them with pride!