Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car Music

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do you listen to in the car? Simple thread, really :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The 6 CDs currently in my CD player in the car are:

Foo Fighters
    Girls Aloud
    Dance mix homemade one
    Madonna - Immaculate Collection
    Pink Floyd homemade one
    Dire Straits

Foo Fighters is my fave although they induce my road rage at times.
  • Options
    Whatever my mummy has in her CD thing. Atm it's the Mystery Jets, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and something else. Or Radio 1, or Essex FM if it's my stepdad's car.
  • Options
    Normally the Bloc Party or Kasabian
  • Options
    Radio shows usually that rarely play music.
  • Options
    talk sport gets the juices going. radio4.
    cars and music don't mix.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The usual radio, Radio 1 or Galaxy. Occasionally one of those dodgy late night talk shows on local radio.

Or that should be used to. Some cunt robbed the radio from my flatmates car the other day. Fuckers.
  • Options
    Loads of CDs, mostly hidden under the passenger seat so I listen to same ones over and over.

Jimmy Eat World, Bleed American.

Bowling for Soup, A Hangover You Don't Deserve.

And a mix CD that features Walkie Talkie Man and Birdhouse in Your Soul.
  • Options
    Whatever I felt like about 6 months ago. I'll make an mp3 of whatever has caught my ear, listen to it, become too lazy to change cd's or even take it out until one day I can't take those songs anymore and I throw it out the window on my way home from my shitty job.

I did that wednesday.

Now for the remainder of the year and then some I have a disk with

lucky boys confusion
    jefferson airplane
    fergie
    christina agulira
    lewis black
    jim gafigan
    aqua
    jupiter sunrise
  • Options
    I normally find AC/DC great for driving to.
  • Options
    Mostly Radio 1 on the way to work (there is an utter dearth of radio stations in Derby) or I play my iPod through the cassette tape in the stereo, cos I'm cool innit.
  • Options
    My dad has some great complilation CDs in his car, very very random, but as long as your not keen on continuity it's fine.

The last one I heard included Chris de Burgh - Lady in Red, Amateur Transplants - When you wear nothing at all, Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, Delta Goodrem, Dido, Rolling Stones, Eva MacIntire and some John Denver.....
  • Options
    I don't have a car yet but we always listen to drum and bass in my mates car and in my dads car he usually listens to Led Zeppelin or The Beatles or some of my music if I'm in the car, currently my C.D's in my dads car are Transmission 05 (drum & bass), Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed, Life Is Peachy - Korn, and The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem.
  • Options
    I listen to XFM Manchester...mainly cos the radio is the only thing that works in my car, considering the tape player and my ipod are both broke. Pfft.

Sometimes I listen to Radio 1.
  • Options
    In my Dad's car, it can be either Keane, Embrace, Babyshambles, The Libertines, Lionel Richie, The Beatles, Coldplay... if its the radio though, I'm in control and it's usually XFM Manchester or Radio 1.

In my brothers car it's usually some shit like Lupe Fiasco, Ying Yang Twins, 50 Cent, Jay-Z... sometimes decent stuff like Kanye West or Outkast, though.
  • Options
    I tortured my kids with some Meat Loaf today.

Usually I can get away with Muse, Kasabian or Green Day but today the buggers were annoying me...
  • Options
    Pretty much aything. Although I am partial to Classic FM sometimes, but usually upbeat stuff if its cds. Something sad came on the other day and I started crying in my car, not the best move :o
  • Options
    John B
    Max Sedgley
    Vive la Fête
    Electro Neuvou (2 CDs with various artists)

Might add Junior Boys this week. I rinsed out my 'old music' and am looking for new stuff these days to force some change on me. I love it.

In my car I like hard beats or fairly chilled electro-stuff. Kylie was okay but grew old fast.
  • Options
    Loads of CDs, mostly hidden under the passenger seat so I listen to same ones over and over.

Jimmy Eat World, Bleed American.

Bowling for Soup, A Hangover You Don't Deserve.

Snap!

Also i listen to East Anglian Kiss radio, or Radio One. Actually, i mainly listen to Radio 1 on my way to and from work and then CDs the rest of the time.
  • Options
    Progressive House.

Kiss in East Anglia used to be Vibe FM which used to be SO much better than what it is now :(. The only good thing about it the DJ sets.
  • Options
    Nooooo, Vibe FM was truly shite! I hated it, i was so impressed when Kiss took over... even if it's not as good as the London Kiss. Ho hum.

Also, now we get Kisstory nights at Lava/Ignite and Liquid, which is much better than the crap nights Vibe used to put on.
  • Options
    I have a serious CD collection in my car.

Mainly hip hop/rnb, garage or dnb. I like tunes with fat bass in my car.
  • Options
    it changes depending on the mood curently theirs pink floyd, slipknot, nirvana and Aerosmith also theirs kerrang radio ugly phill
  • Options
    Xfm usually, except if there's tennis on my mum wants to listen to or my dads driving and decides he wants to put a tape on.. in which case it's either The Who, or Rainbow or something like that..
  • Options
    Power FM :hyper: Especially in the morning with Maximum Bob!!

CD's- Girls Aloud, Scissor Sisters, Kelly Clarkson, Killers etc normally.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Whatever my mummy has in her CD thing. Atm it's the Mystery Jets, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and something else. Or Radio 1, or Essex FM if it's my stepdad's car.

You got a cool mum!:thumb:

For me its normally Radio 1, or when i had enough of the music on there i got
    Audioslave,
    Soundgarden,
    Bloc Party and
    Muse
  • Options
    At the moment ive been listening to Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol and Panic! At The Disco.
  • Options
    Amnesiac wrote:
    You got a cool mum!:thumb:
    I do :cool:.
  • Options
    At the moment I've got Yellowcard's Lights and Sounds on repeat cause it's a fucking awesome album and I can't get enough.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rock, Metal (all varieties), punk, depends on mood.

My dad tends to listen to The Who, Dire Staights, etc...

I prefer Slayer, Motorhead, something like that. Or some TECHNO if I am in an odd mood.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    At the moment I've got Yellowcard's Lights and Sounds on repeat cause it's a fucking awesome album and I can't get enough.
    Having been listening to Ocean Avenue for the last week on repeat, I so want that CD :(.