Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anywhere...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
remotely warm and cheap like january february tiem of year?!

and busy.??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The canary islands?

It depends what your definition of cheap is - you can get some long haul bargins for around £300 at that time of year.
    Cape Town will be lovely at that time of year and really buzzing with loads of parties, outdoor festivals and all sorts. It might be a little pricey to get there but once you do its quite cheap.
    I was looking for flights the other day the cheapset are around £450 but they are quite hard to find as it high season.

But cape town is lovely and there is lots of yummy food and shopping!
    Tenerife are doign flights for about 40 quid january/feb - it's still hot - not sure about busy. I'm hoping to book a last minute.
    The other option is cape verde its a 5 hour flight on a thursday from gatwick (£329) - its a very new destination though so i dunno how busy it will be but its definatly marketing itself as winter sun and it will be nice and tropical.
    You might be interested in this: http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com
    It searches through all of the really cheap flights - you only have to pay taxes etc so most of the flights work out about £10-15.
    Tenerife and the other canary islands have plenty of flights and accomodation deals for less than £200. And it's warm and sunny, and Tenerife at least is still quite lively.