Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking of growing my hair, though what's putting me off is that it gets greasy whenever i let it hit any length at all - are there any products out there designed to prevent that from happening?

Also, i know it sounds stupid, but does anyone know of any ways to make hair grow quicker?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well how often do you wash it?
    once a day.
    that won't be helping, you're washing it too much.

have you tried switching shampoos? it took me a lot of trial and error to find what shampoos my hair likes.

also do you use conditioner? i'm prone to greasy hair and it makes my hair greasy so i only generally use a leave in spray one and i don't spray it on my roots.

i assume you're female?
    nostalgia wrote:
    Also, i know it sounds stupid, but does anyone know of any ways to make hair grow quicker?

miracle grow? ;)

getting your hair cut regularly will help - as weird as it sounds.
    male tyvm ;) haha

normally my mum just buys the 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner). if there's any brand in particular that you would recommend, then speak up :)
    well no it depends on your hair type.

you also need to make sure you wash the shampoo/conditioner out properly.

and if you have short hair then washing every day would be fine but not if you're growing it.
    I love John Freda atm, but you do find that your hair likes a change in shampoo every now and again. My hair tends to be on the dry side, so im poss not any help with greasy hair.
    so, if i'm growing it, how often do you think i should wash it?
    getting your hair cut regularly will help - as weird as it sounds.

:yes: My mate explained the "science" behind that the other day.....

If you just leave your hair to grow, your ends become dead and split, so therefore when your hair reaches a certain point, it will snap off. Therefore, your hair could have grown inches and inches, but because the ends hve snapped off, you see very little difference in your hair length.

Getting the dead ends trimmed regularly though means that there's nothing dead to snap off, and your hair will grow and you'll see the results :)
    What shampoo do you use nostalgia?

It could be one of two things.

Either you are using one that's too moisturising for your hair.

Or one that's too harsh and your scalp's creating extra oil to overcompensate as it's been dried out. x
    You shouldn't change how often you wash your hair, simply because you're growing it. It shouldn't make a difference at all.
    if you wash your hair everyday, its more likely to become greasy quicker because washing it that often washes the natural oils out of it.