Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Build your sarnie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Really fresh crusty bread from the bakers. Good, strong, sharp cheddar, onion, tomato, bit of salad and just the merest hint of some mayonaise and a bit of English mustard :yum:

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Thinly sliced chorizo warmed in Stella, slapped between fresh white bread from the local bakery with just a smear of Colemans English Mustard. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fresh warm bread, three rashes of bacon with HP fruity brown sauce on one slice, three slices of cheddar with mayo on the other side.
    Ciabatta with Hot beef, onions, horseradish, hot mustard, peppers
    this is the hardest question in the world
    i LOVE sandwiches. just call me joey. :D

i agree with vinylvicky, it's an impossible task!
    Oh go on, have a go :)
    Argh!! I can't decide but while I was thinking of sarnies - these popped in my head...

Tinned Salomon with Bird's Farmhouse or Granary, lots ov vinegar/lemon juice and a packet of crisps.

Fish fingers and ketchup on Warburtons.

Chicken Tikka on Granary.

Roast beef, tom and cucumber on a crusty cob.

Crispy bacon on Warburtons.

Cheese n pickle or chive any bread
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hmmm, fish finger sarnie, with dill mayo, yum!!
    One hot fresh granary roll from the local bakery, with two rashers of quality unsmoked back bacon slapped in between, with a huge dollop of brown sauce.
    Unsalted Scottish butter and granulated white sugar sandwiched between two slices of Tesco Value white sliced :yum:
    no. u get a big crust baguette and spread it thickly with butter. the u fill it with ham and chicken and lettuce and cucumber and then slap on a large amount of mayo. delicious.
    subway's are delicous sandwhiches, the best you can buy!
    VinylVicky wrote:
    subway's are delicous sandwhiches, the best you can buy!

They are if you have no taste buds. Subway is overpriced and bland, I'd rather go to Greggs and get a chicken bake.

The best sandwich in Newcastle is from a small shop called Baps on Pilgrim Street. Independent sarnie shops are the way to go every time, folks. Coronation chicken with salad, no butter or mayo, on white poppy-seed :yum:
    Kermit wrote:
    They are if you have no taste buds. Subway is overpriced and bland, I'd rather go to Greggs and get a chicken bake.
    That's Northern Subways for you then ;)
    I wouldn't step foot in Greggs if you paid me!! Ok I haven't tried their sarnies but their pastries tatse nasty cheeap and dry, so it's put me off!
    Birds all the way for places like that ;)
    But I defo stand by Subway, maybe it's just my local ones but the bread is gorgeous, the salad is the freshest you can buy, meat always tastey tastey and southwest sauce is scrumptious!

EDITED to say: you didn't say sandwhich you said chicken bake - defo stick by what I say!
    I don't know how you can call subway bland?
    Weekender Offender 
    i don't like subway coz theres too much bread.

i love pret a manger though!
    Subway isn't just bland... its a food poisening wish! Having your meats, cheeses and such just chillin out in the open for god knows how long... :sour: They don't tell you to keep such things refergerated for shits and giggles and then have you leave them out in the room tempature cough on my sandwich air. Everything is a combination of stale and soggy... and always a little bit gray...
    Kermit wrote:
    Baps

God I'm immature at times.

That really is a hard question.

I guess the bread has to be Sainsbury's tiger bread, preferrably while it's still warm but I'm so rarely up when it is and when I am up, it's because I haven't been to bed.

then : grated emmental cheese, thick slabs of honey roast ham, tomato relish, sandwich pickle, red onions, lettuce, a few Kettle Chips and a few drops of balsamic vinegar. And bacon if I'm feeling fat.
    my_name wrote:
    Subway isn't just bland... its a food poisening wish! Having your meats, cheeses and such just chillin out in the open for god knows how long... :sour: They don't tell you to keep such things refergerated for shits and giggles and then have you leave them out in the room tempature cough on my sandwich air. Everything is a combination of stale and soggy... and always a little bit gray...
    it's refrigerated here

I'm really suprised on some people's opionions of subway. Total opposite of mine
    wensleydale cheese and carrot chutney :yum:
    or hummus and chargrilled veg. :yum:
    tuna mayonnaise, lettuce, cucumber, tomato on bakery white crusty bread
    I think Subway is overpriced and a bit rubbish really.

I agree with Kermit, independent sandwich shops and bakeries are clearly the best!

Ok... fresh sliced crusty bread (freshly baked split tin white loaf, yum) with chicken breast, salad (but no cucumber), mayonnaise, salt, pepper and some onion. Yum :)
    Tiger bread, chicken, bacon, lettuce, smear of dijon, lots of mayo, little bit of grated cheddar = sex. Or a bolognaise sarnie if I'm hungover.
    I agree with Kermit, independent sandwich shops and bakeries are clearly the best!

Sarnie shops in London are the best in the country.
    Weekender Offender