Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cold / flu

Ok, it's that time again. Who's come down with one or both of the above afflictions? I'm on the way. Been spending far too much time with diseased people.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had a cold in September, got rid of it and a few weeks later I had another one. :(
    Ah Ha!
    Ok, it's that time again. Who's come down with one or both of the above afflictions? I'm on the way. Been spending far too much time with diseased people.
    I have been using colostrum and anti oxidnets, so I am covered this winter. :cool:
    i haven't had a cold yet.

my mum and stepdad have both had one though and i've spent 2 weekends at home so i'll probably end up getting it.
    HIT wrote:
    I have been using colostrum and anti oxidnets, so I am covered this winter. :cool:

seriously, how many tablets do you take a day?
    seriously, how many tablets do you take a day?
    Not that many, why do you ask.

I take orally, vitamins and minerals.
    Me atm :(
    HIT wrote:
    Not that many, why do you ask.

I take orally, vitamins and minerals.

you know why i ask.

in every thread in here that you make you comment 'oh i take such and such for that'.

surely it's best to derive the vitamins and minerals you need mostly from the food you eat?
    yep ive had it and still got it :(
    HIT wrote:
    I have been using colostrum
    as in breastmilk?
    whos your wet-nurse?
    Brenda, from over the road :)
    you know why i ask.

in every thread in here that you make you comment 'oh i take such and such for that'.

surely it's best to derive the vitamins and minerals you need mostly from the food you eat?
    Keep thinking that, if you want.
    as in breastmilk?
    whos your wet-nurse?
    Yeah, I have been waiting outside the maternity wards.
    HIT wrote:
    Keep thinking that, if you want.

i will.

because i'm right. :rolleyes:
    i will.

because i'm right. :rolleyes:
    Again, thats your opinion!
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    i have a good immune system so i rarely catch colds/flu :thumb:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've got a good immune system too :D
    no, i had a cold a few weeks ago when school started, everyone seemed to bring a kind of freshers flu with them

i had flu for the first time in january though....never felt so bad in my life
    HIT wrote:

well i'd say it's more than opinion, isn't it?

i'm sure doctors would recommend that you seek to get the neccessary vitamins/minerals you wish to take from foods rather than supplements. they are called supplements for a reason i.e. to supplement your diet not replace it.
    well i'd say it's more than opinion, isn't it?

i'm sure doctors would recommend that you seek to get the neccessary vitamins/minerals you wish to take from foods rather than supplements. they are called supplements for a reason i.e. to supplement your diet not replace it.

And whos talking about replacing my diet. :confused:
    it's not my stuffing opinion ffs!!!!!!!!!!

you wouldn't need to take all of these supplements if you ate properly.
    it's not my stuffing opinion ffs!!!!!!!!!!

you wouldn't need to take all of these supplements if you ate properly.

How do you know what I eat? I eat good and healthy thankyou!
    HIT wrote:

How do you know what I eat? I eat good and healthy thankyou!

stop telling me that's my opinion. it is common sense to eat a balanced diet instead of shoving all of these tablets in your gob.

how do i know what you eat? i don't. but i'm going to assume that you don't eat very well because if you did, you wouldn't have any need whatsoever to consume as many vitamins/minerals as you appear to!!
    stop telling me that's my opinion. it is common sense to eat a balanced diet instead of shoving all of these tablets in your gob.

how do i know what you eat? i don't. but i'm going to assume that you don't eat very well because if you did, you wouldn't have any need whatsoever to consume as many vitamins/minerals as you appear to!!

I have been advised by my doctor to take vit b complex as it helps absorb other vitamins better and gives you more enegry, dispite what i eat.

Thats one very ignorant post.

As a matter of fact, I am engaged in intense regular excersise which depletes the body of vitamins and minerals. Realistically you can not get all your vitamins through a diet (unless you eat loads and get fat). And what you do get through food is only merely to keep you out of deficience. I supplement with additional vitamin minerals for overall health, repair my body, keep me out of a catabolic state the list goes on. Its couch potatoes that dont need vitamins not me! I supplement with protein powders, AAS also because how my lifestyle is.

So please dont post making me out to be some sort of mug, when in fact I know what I am talking about thank you!
    smitherz wrote:
    i have a good immune system so i rarely catch colds/flu :thumb:

Mines shit :(:) The last cold i got, and i mean cold not influenza, put me in hospital for a bloody fortnight :(
    i don't doubt that you know what you're talking about but i don't understand why you feel the need to take all of these supplements when you say you eat well and exercise.

i used to take a multivitamin but i could never get into the routine of it so i gave up - and i'm fairly healthy!
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Mines shit :(:) The last cold i got, and i mean cold not influenza, put me in hospital for a bloody fortnight :(

:( Mine is nearly as bad. Always take me at least 2-3 weeks to recover from a cold then I get another one.:( And I seem to be the only one (apart from when I gave it to my dad) in our house that ever gets colds.:(
    i don't doubt that you know what you're talking about but i don't understand why you feel the need to take all of these supplements when you say you eat well and exercise.

i used to take a multivitamin but i could never get into the routine of it so i gave up - and i'm fairly healthy!
    Thats your problem then. As I said before when you live my sort of life style, you cannot be defficiant in anything, you need the extra support.

Im sure I take more vitamins pwo then most people here take in a month, because they repair my body.

And do you engage in intense weight training? If not you wont understand.
    HIT wrote:

And do you engage in intense weight training? If not you wont understand.

no i'm a girl.

wouldn't be too attractive.
    If you lead a normal healthy lifestyle then a normal healthy diet will provide you with everything you need.

If however like HIT seems to you go in for manic weight training then you may need to supplement a normal diet ( but then you are putting your body through far more than it's intended to do).