Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why does my cat knead me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why does my cat knead me? sometimes im sitting on the sofa and she jumps on me and starts kneading my chest or arm or stomach while purring loads but other times she uses her claws....ouch! but is it ok to push her off when she does that i heard its because she used to do it to her mum. maybe i should just let her do it? also she does it more to me then my boyfriend does that mean shes closer to me then him??
it is lovely when shes gentle about it. shes only a kitten .....should i knead her back! lol

:heart:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kneading is an "i'm happy reaction" I tended to hold my cats paws until she stopped doing it when it was uncomfortable. Or put a pillow there.
    Uh-huh my cat does this and i'm the only one in the house he does do it to. He follows me everywhere the daft bugger, so yeah I guess it's an affection thing. He's a big bastard with big claws aswell, so it's quite painful! I'm also told that it's something to do with when they used to knead their mothers teats when they wanted milk...
    It's because when they are kittens, they knead the mummy cat's belly to make her lactate.

It just means they feel safe and comfortable... I'm guessing it's a reflex.
    I've had grown up cats do that to me all the time, theyre just trying to get my attention so i'll show them a bit of fuss.
    i think i call this prodding.........lol odd name i know. But yeah its a sign they love you and are happy :) But i hate my cats doin it as they rip holes in everything, i dont push them off but tell them not to do it or gently lift their paws off me for a sec cos it hurts!
    I thought you didn't know how to spell need and your cat was too clingy
    why does my cat knead me? sometimes im sitting on the sofa and she jumps on me and starts kneading my chest or arm or stomach while purring loads but other times she uses her claws....ouch! but is it ok to push her off when she does that i heard its because she used to do it to her mum. maybe i should just let her do it? also she does it more to me then my boyfriend does that mean shes closer to me then him??
    it is lovely when shes gentle about it. shes only a kitten .....should i knead her back! lol

:heart:
    Google video "cat massage". Check it.
    should i knead her back!

Yes, then put in a warm place until double in size and bake in a hot oven for half an hour :D
    lol
    cat pie??? that sounds wrong!!!
    lol
    cat pie??? that sounds wrong!!!
    Like that tiggiwinkle thing....
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Yes, then put in a warm place until double in size and bake in a hot oven for half an hour :D

As opposed to what? Baking it in a cold oven? :razz:
    I like it when my cat Kneads me... so long as I'm wearing something the claws can't get through. It's like a cat cuddle; I think it's rather sweet :)
    This thread has lost it's humour for me. The car infront of me just motored a cat on the way home. The bastard just drove off. Now I know legally you don't have to stop for cats, but some kid is probably gonna be crying their eyes out tonight and this person is so self centred they couldn't even be arsed to stop and admit - as long the're alright, fuck everyone else. Some people make me sick...
    It's because when they are kittens, they knead the mummy cat's belly to make her lactate.

It just means they feel safe and comfortable... I'm guessing it's a reflex.

:yes:
    Bri-namite wrote:
    As opposed to what? Baking it in a cold oven? :razz:

Well you can have a cold oven. 130c or below is considered 'cold' :razz:
    Nash wrote:
    wtf? thats not funny.
    icey wrote:
    wtf? thats not funny.

Disregard the title of the video everyone... it's obvious the camerman is tickling the cat!
    why does a cat knead you?
    making sure its comfy before it sits down.
    bit of a hassle cause some cats do it with everything instead of just sitting down.
    My cat just keeps shouting at me! I've fed him like 5 fucking times but he wont get of my fucking back!
    shout back?
    I've tried that, but he just shouts back as if we're having a conversation :nervous:
    I gave my two kittens some 'real' food tonight, a bit of boiled chicken breast and it's sent 'em :hyper:
    cat pie???

:D
    Nash wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUNNIEST SHIT EVER!!!!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    RubberSkin wrote:
    :D
    hehe, how cute is that :)
    1344460352_l.jpg
    962777324_l.jpg

just one more cute pic of smokey.lol sorry im so over the top i have taken about 200 photos of her so far!! and had her since june. lol wait till xmas! im sure i will triple that amount of photos then!
    RubberSkin wrote:
    OMG! Nearly gave birth reading this! LMAO! Too funny! (I am a cat lover, but like your humour!)
    Ta Toni :thumb: