Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Fratellis - Costello Music

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Now normally I wouldn't like this kind of thing (that being generic indie crap) but Mrs. T made me listen to the Fratellis and begrudgingly, I have to admit they are fantastic. I would compare their album, Costello Music, to the Libertines' debut but more polished and less rough (though that was part of the Lib's charm). It really is rather good.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree. Though less about the generic indie crap and the "begrudgingly" k? :razz:
    I like their music for its energy, great to listen to in the morning to give you a good start to your day :)
    I want this album more than anything! Can't wait to get paid on Monday...
    I agree. Though less about the generic indie crap and the "begrudgingly" k?

Ummm, how about no? There is a hell of a lot of generic indie crap out there and it's nice to hear some bands that actually bother to make an effort and not copy what's been done a thousand times before.

The begrudging part is because, as you are new to the boards and probably don't know, I'm very much a rocker and a metaller and so it's very rare for me to like guitar music that's not heavy.
    There is a hell of a lot of generic indie crap out there and it's nice to hear some bands that actually bother to make an effort and not copy what's been done a thousand times before.

I'm a bit partial to my indie, and I have to agree with this completely. There are so many bands that are so same-y... there's only a select few that I enjoy and find refreshing.

But I know as SOON as I write this someone will mention my liking for Babyshambles, haha.
    Haven't got the album yet but i got the EP when that came out over the summer and i love it, especially creeping up the backstairs, so i'll be getting it soon.

They were great live when i saw them at Electric Gardens too.