Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What Not To Wear

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    My darling, it is not a problem.

Although Paul Smith is a football hooligans brand, not as bad as Burberry or Stone Island but it is widely worn.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I like the casual style to be honest, some of it's good, hard wearing gear. So what if it's linked with hoolies?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Where is your brain?
    where are your manners, you patronising sod!
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Moreover do I despise (but thise might be really just me) vintage stuff like "UNIVERSITY OF UGANDA", or "Harry Schiwago's sports united team".
    in weird faded fonts and stuff.

:thumb: I don't like those shirts either.

The only thing that's been annoying me about the way women dress lately is when they (for some unknown reason) don't get their boots/shoes reheeled before it's worn right down to the metal and they're scritch-scratching along the pavement. Ouch.

I also hate manbags.
  • Options
    mens fashions are crap at the moment, all the high street retailers seem to be selling clothes with frilled edges on stuff, BRIGHT pink and also massive prints everywhere saying supid stuff, usually either about some educational system or something in japanese. i dont like these kind of things, i prefer more simple stuff etc...
  • Options
    oh i've just remembered what i hate the most on guys... those disgusting shirts with japanese dragons on them :sour:
  • Options
    I amk currently not liking women who tuck their jeans into their boots, especially those who are still wearing those furry ugg boot things.
  • Options
    on the subject of Paul Smith, quite a few people in firms where it these days, its certainly not as associated as brands such as stone island, burberry, hackett, aquascutum etc... but it does get out there a bit.

the hooli brands do tend to make some more respectable stuff as well, like aquascutum and burberry etc..make some quite sophisticated stuff aimed at toffs.

i dont mind some of the clothes to be honest, paul smith stuff is usually quite nice. just my opinion.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I amk currently not liking women who tuck their jeans into their boots, especially those who are still wearing those furry ugg boot things.

:yes: to both
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

well i tuck my jeans into my ugg boots so nur. :p
  • Options
    I tuck my jeans into boots too but not furry Ugg ones.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I also don't like either of those things.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Preach it brother.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: Whats a jack-ups?
    When your trousers are too short :yes:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I don't like that either.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    \

:lol: Yes. Like they're waiting for a flood.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You all mention the larger lady wearing jeans that are too small etc. Which i agree with, but none of you mention wearing jeans that are too big also, they look just as bad.

I object!

Almost all of my jeans are too big :p
  • Options
    when lads wear their jeans so low you can literally see their arse cheeks (obviously through their boxers..or at least you'd hope so [depending on the niceness of their arse]). having them a bit lower than normal i can understand but why would you want to show everyone your bottom?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I have no problem with people wearing ugg boots, but for God's sake PLEASE pick your fucking feet up! Shuffling along is not a good look/sound. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    oh i've just remembered what i hate the most on guys... those disgusting shirts with japanese dragons on them :sour:
    Yeah they are awful!
  • Options
    Current fashion trends I cannot comprehend and thus hate.

Those shoes with the holes in the top that look like they've been fashioned out of old watering cans and water balloons. I've forgotten the name but they just look retarded.

I used to not like Ugg boots until I put my hand in one and it was a nice sensation and personally were I a girl I would want that feeling on my feet.

Girls who wear the following abominable combination (from bottom up) : slippers/plimpsolls, black leggings, short denim skirts, sleeveless tops (normally stipey) that are too big for them: This look does NOTHING for anyone I have ever seen wearing it. The leggings/skirt combination makes you look fat. The ill-fitting top confirms this as it makes you look pregnant.

Jack Wills. In Bristol, you can't get away from it.

I'd categorise the current fashion trends, particularly amongst women, as pregnancy/granny chic. It looks dreadful and does nothing for the people who wear it.

Give me a nice suit anyday. A well-cut suit will NEVER go out of style.
  • Options
    People who are intent on catapulting themselves into clothes that are blatantly too small for them. I guess it doesn't really annoy me, it's just laughable. Shoe-horning yourself into a size 12 when you're obviously a 16, who are you kidding?
  • Options
    i wear leggings and a short denim skirt and i don't look fat at all!!
  • Options
    i wear leggings and a short denim skirt and i don't look fat at all!!
    a lot of girls do though and it annoys me because it makes the style look bad for the rest of us!
  • Options
    It looks bad on everybody :yes: And just cuz you see something doesn't mean other people don't. Hence this thread. Fat or not the look is hideous like you s hould be in expressionism dance with a sheet and streamers. Or shoulder pads.

You make me laugh coathanger with your shoe horning :D I was flipping thru the channels and passed across the show titled the same as this thread and watched a woman who had her small child help pull up her pants as she jumped up and down to get them on. I don't even understand how that could be comfortable.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    just cuz you think it looks bad my_name, doesn't mean it does! just cuz you see something looking bad doesn't mean everyone thinks it does, or that your view is the be all and end all in clothing. i know you're saying your opinion but it does my head in when people are like 'no honestly, it does look bad, you just can't see it.' cuz fuckoff, if they see it looking good then good for them. oh, bad mood.
    lol don't get worked up over what my_name says about clothes. she only wears plain minging jeans and baggy t-shirts so anything other than that is bad in her opinion.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    It looks bad on everybody :yes: And just cuz you see something doesn't mean other people don't. Hence this thread. Fat or not the look is hideous like you s hould be in expressionism dance with a sheet and streamers. Or shoulder pads.

You make me laugh coathanger with your shoe horning :D I was flipping thru the channels and passed across the show titled the same as this thread and watched a woman who had her small child help pull up her pants as she jumped up and down to get them on. I don't even understand how that could be comfortable.

I guess it's the mentality of "if i can physically fit into it, then that's my size". :D