Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cheap resonably ok quality winter clothing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have £100 to spend on all my winter clothes

I need:

a pair of good boots with not much heel
a ok coat
2 jumpers
a black cardigan
underwear
socks
jeans

is there anywhere apart from Peacocks/primark/new look that i could find this stuff...especially in london?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Charity shops for jummies/coat and maybe boots, that's if you don't mind using charity shops.
    the ones near me are really useless where do i go for good one?
    if u hurry up there are still a few sales on in dorothey perkins, next and places like that. that way u can get loads of quality clothes for cheap. if u look around u can get some really good bargains. another good place to look is in supermarkets. there trendy clothes really cheap and they are good quality
    If you want a good charity shop go to a posh area, its a treasure trove of good clothes.

On that budget you're not going to get past Primark/TK Maxx/Matalan, really. Try the supermarkets, Asda and Tesco tend to be OK.
    I agree with kermit, supermarkets are a good bet.

asda have some nice stuff in at the moment, all the coats are 20% off (haha, can you tell i work there) and they have some decent ones, also they have some nice boots for £12. Jumpers are about a fiver too.

Either than or Primark, even though you said not there. i love it.
    Jumble sales - I have a very cool friend who gets nearly all her clothes at them and always looks lovely! Also my sister in law who is a fashion designer gets lots of free clothes from work and often sells them off at car boot sales or cheaply elsewhere - I will see if she has any lurking about at the moment.

If you can get to finsbury park there are LOADS of cheap clothing shops round here - some of them are wholesale only but others will let you go in and buy stuff but you have to weedle out the bad fashion from the good.

H&M, QS & Mark One also sometimes have good clothes in them - I think more often than not its a matter of looking and rooting through the bad ones to find some good stuff. Topshop also sometimes has good deals on basics such as jumpers and tank tops.
    Ok i'm biased because i work there but try lime or wait for the next sale
    Primark!
    Ohh and i forgot river island - well i think its really cheap...
    Wyetry wrote:
    Ohh and i forgot river island - well i think its really cheap...
    since when!

i've actually decided that i'm going to start knitting a jumper, it might be finished in 3 weeks...hopefully. ok so finsbury park...anyone know about if places like walthamstow and leyton are any good. not on my door step, but not a trek..
    anyone know about if places like walthamstow and leyton are any good. not on my door step, but not a trek..

walthamstow market can have some ok stuff but it just takes time to look through and judge what is good and what is just crap and the prob with the market is you cant try it on. the mall at walthamstow has a few cheap shops in it - there's an atlantic clothing, new look, a few cheap shoe shops etc

leyton does have a big asda which has a clothes section which is ok and there is TK max there too
    i bought a jumper and a pair of cords yesterday from primark. they are good quality and it only cost me £16 for both.

I consider primark clothes to be much better quality than supermarket clothes, my supermarket clothes have never kept their shape, or just end up looking old quicker, or buttons fall off. Ive never had a problem with primark quality, so long as i only buy the well made items.
    aren't you pushing it a bit to get all of that?
    i know, but thats all i'm given so...i have to make do...
    For the boots why dont u try Priceless Shoes?
    I got a really really nice coat from TK Maxx in Romford the other day for a mere £22.
    primark or peacocks.
    since when!

i've actually decided that i'm going to start knitting a jumper, it might be finished in 3 weeks...hopefully. ok so finsbury park...anyone know about if places like walthamstow and leyton are any good. not on my door step, but not a trek..
    Where in London are you? There are quite a few cheap factory shops on Oxford Street at the moment (the Tottenham Court Road end) and Camden also has quite a lot of cheap clothes stores plus there is Camden market.

There is a TKMaxx in Wood Green and also there is a Next Outlet store in Golders Green plus Golders Green has some well stocked charity shops.

Tesco do good cheap clothes but I don't know of any large enough to stock clothing that are in London.
    near where chris used to live...if you know where that is (don't meantion the name though, just stating london gives you great anonimity)

i really don't want to look like i've just rolled of the high street but with the money i've got i don't really know how much choice i've got.

what can i do to make myself look a little less like that...i.e accessories and stuff?
    I got some flat black boots from Primark the other day for £12 and a coat from Topshop for £55, bit expensive for your price range but it's gorgeous.
    car boot sale. ebay. charity shops. make sure you get a great winter coat. All your outfits are first seen as your coat in the winter, so I'd put more of my budget into that. I have to agree with Blah on supermarket clothes, I think they wash really badly.