Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chilling in Dublin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Fancy going to Dublin, been looking at hotels and fuck me it's cheap over there. I thought Ireland was supposed to be expensive? 5 star hotels for £87 per night!

Anyway, yea, something a bit more modest for me, xmas season, be nice to chill out, are there any nice places to go in dublin, don't really fancy a big nightlife. Maybe treat myself to a spa :cool:

Or, if there are better places in Ireland? :p But I really want to visit Ireland, so yea, go Ireland! :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dublin is expensive as fuck but there are cheap hotels for some reason. I did a tour of Ireland last month and loved every moment of it. You can't really expect a quite night there, very bustling city. The Temple Bar district is the place to be, I recommend a bar called The Mezz, great wee spot. You can go to St Stephens Green and visit Trinity College, there's plenty of other sites aswell, including a massive Spire right in the middle of the city.
    Could you recommend other parts of Ireland then? Just want somewhere nice to go really, somewhere relatively quiet. Dublin sprang to mind as Ireland, Dublin, natural association!
    Could you recommend other parts of Ireland then? Just want somewhere nice to go really, somewhere relatively quiet. Dublin sprang to mind as Ireland, Dublin, natural association!

Galway, Kerry, Cork, Donegal, Wicklow.

Donegal is lovely but very isolated.
    I've found a nice place in limerick, £117 to get there and stay two nights and get back, which is a fair price :)
    Limerick is a nice spot, the river Shannon starts there. Dodgy place at night though, stab city like.