Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a tangent from the IBS thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my IBS is mainly stress based, and even though i've had it since i was 4 or 5 i've only been diagnosed for a year or so...but only in this country (stupid GPs) for about a week. i find it really difficult to relax, and i'm wondering if anyone knows of good books or things on relaxation and or meditation. i really need to do something cos in the past week i have only sat down and relaxed for an hour and that was this lunch time in a cafe waiting for my other half to turn up...

anything would be helpful, thanks..

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure it's just stress?

New research has more and more links to bacteria causing IBS

It could just be stress lowers your immune system and allows bad bacteria to thrive

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/HealthScout/061017/6101716U.html
  • Options
    for the past 2 weeks i've been feeling really shit...i feel really run down very stressed out, tired, my apeitite has gone quite a lot, i'm having to make myself eat...even chocolate isn't as apealing. i'm cold quite a lot, and can get quite achey. went to the doctors and she told me to go back in a month when she has my notes and can make more sense of my medical history...i'm not really to sure what i'm doing wrong?