Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bottle blondes only!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what products do you use to keep your hair from going brassy? mine stays light in some places but in others goes brassy.. like by my ears and bits underneath.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Use a really light one.
    I meant shampoos, conditioners etc.

I use bleach blonding. So can't really go much lighter.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Toner, or a toning shampoo is what you need to stop it from going brassy.
    I don't know if they still make it, but when i used to bleach my hair (when i had it ) i used Innecto Hint of a Tint, the silver one.
    yeah i use this loreol one in a silver bottle from the hairdressers, for white and grey hair. i can't remember what its called, but its bright purple! i'll have a look for you in a bit. mind i haven't got white hair anymore :rolleyes:
    Tigi Fashionista shampoo and conditioner is great but its quite expensive, but you can get it off the net for cheaper.
    kangoo wrote:
    yeah i use this loreol one in a silver bottle from the hairdressers, for white and grey hair. i can't remember what its called, but its bright purple! i'll have a look for you in a bit. mind i haven't got white hair anymore :rolleyes:

i've used this, but it made the dry bits of my hair turn purply if i used it too much =P
    lol really?! i think you're supposed to use it once a week or so but i used it every time i wash cos its lush. try a purple tinted shampoo thats not quite as purple, lush do a nice one. also that one might not be very good for dry hair, my hairdresser reccomended it to me cos i have greasy hair
    silver shampoo

never seen it in a shop, i have to go a chemist :)