Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Toastie Bread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was wondering, What's the point in Warburtons(?) toastie bread, When it doesn't even fit in your toaster? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doesn't it?! Ha ha. I wouldn't know I've never bought it. And our STUDENT house doesn't have a toaster would you believe.

Maybe you have a small toaster?
    LOL My toaster is average, and I've tried it in various others, but no luck! :(
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Fits my toaster, and although it's not bad bread I find the local loaf is far better.
    Weekender Offender 
    Doesn't it?! Ha ha. I wouldn't know I've never bought it. And our STUDENT house doesn't have a toaster would you believe.

Maybe you have a small toaster?

dont have a toaster here either, or a kettle!

have to toast in the grill and make hot drinks in the microwave :lol:
    Was wondering, What's the point in Warburtons(?) toastie bread, When it doesn't even fit in your toaster? :confused:
    Funny
    It fits in my toaster fine.

Buy a bigger toaster or eat better bread.
    is it the thickness or lenght of the bread?
    i find if it s the length, put it anyway and toast for approx 3 mins, take it out and i bet it will fit in properly so it can toast all over
    oh i thought it was called toastie because you're supposed to make toasted sandwiches with it :rolleyes:
    Replicant wrote:
    dont have a toaster here either, or a kettle!

have to toast in the grill and make hot drinks in the microwave :lol:
    No kettle?! Is that a student house? Yeah we have to use the grill to make toast too :(
    Yeah we have to use the grill to make toast too :(

Is it really that uncommon to use a grill to make toast?! I always have up until a mate bought me a toaster (as a joke present - long story) last year. Still do most of the time, there's no space by any of the sockets for the toaster, so it's at the top of a cupboard and me being small, it's rather too much effort to clib up and get it when the grills right there.
    No kettle?! Is that a student house? Yeah we have to use the grill to make toast too :(

yeah, postgrad uni accommodation, it's a pain in the arse, but you get used to it, 'cos it probably takes less time to boil a cup of water in the microwave than it does to boil a kettle. also, a plus with a grill is I find the toast is usually hotter :p

but still, a bit rubbish! kitchen's only shared with 2 others though so it's not too much of an issue.
    kangoo wrote:
    oh i thought it was called toastie because you're supposed to make toasted sandwiches with it :rolleyes:
    Thats what I thought.
    Toast is just toast, but a toastie is a toasted breville sandwich.
    We can't seem to fit any bread in out toaster hehe.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    is it the thickness or lenght of the bread?
    i find if it s the length, put it anyway and toast for approx 3 mins, take it out and i bet it will fit in properly so it can toast all over

Yeah it's the length I have to twiz around half way through (how rude?!)

Not my favourite loaf mind, It's just the only one the corner shop sell, when we run out. I prefer Kingsmill Wholemeal.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Is it really that uncommon to use a grill to make toast?! I always have up until a mate bought me a toaster (as a joke present - long story) last year. Still do most of the time, there's no space by any of the sockets for the toaster, so it's at the top of a cupboard and me being small, it's rather too much effort to clib up and get it when the grills right there.
    I don't know if it's common, using a grill to make toast has never occured to me until this year. I guess I've always taken having a toaster for granted!