Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My pink hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In a moment of madness I dyed my bleach blonde hair bright pink. I was only intending to have it this colour for a week or so before i dye it back to my original colour (dark brown). I used Dimensions which i have used before, only last time the colour was nowhere near as bright and faded after the first wash. This time the colour is much more pink and shows no signs of fading!! Eek! Will I still be able to dye over it with a dark brown dye? Or will it end up a weird pinky/orangy colour? Aaaarghhhhhhhh

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    All you have really done is added a red/pink pigment to your hair, if you don't want the brown over dye to go too red, make sure you get one that doesn't have a lot of red in it, cause it sounds like there is enough in there already! Blue based browns would be best.

I used to bleach mine again to get the colour out, you don't need it totally stripped out, just taken down a bit, so you don't need to leave it in for very long.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bleaching your hair over and over really kills it =( I know best of all.

Try using vosene or head and shoulders or neutrogena deep cleansing, they take lots of colour out, then I'd go with what LadyJade said and use a blue-based (ash) brown to dye your hair again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru