Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Night life anywhere in the med

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone tell me any good places to visit in the med with good night life my mrs has been to ibiza and so we looking for an alternative that has a decent atmosphere, beaches and nightlife
thanks
matt
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Magaluf, Benidorm?
    Barcelona, kavos any of those cypriot places. Most "holiday" destinations seem to have quite a lot of bars and night clubs - i think it depends though what your up for - lots of english people and english food or to find out about a differenct culture and scene.
    Depends what you want.

Barcelona has some amazing nightlife. Terraza and catwalk are top. And Pacha barcelona is real good too.

Valencia is a well known party spot and some top clubs there.

Madrid is ok apparently, but ive not been

Obviously, Ibiza has pretty much the best nightlife in the world over summer. if you havent been you really are missing out. Id recommend it to anyone.

Magaluf is shite. As is Kavos and other greek resorts. If you want cheesy clubs and all you can drink for 10 euros go here. Depends how old you are i guess, they're a laugh when you're 18, but shite after that!

Poland has some good house nights around Warsaw.

Germany is good in Berlin etc

France, im not sure.

Croatia has an open air terrace club thats meant to be very very good

Italy has good house nights, tending to lean towards techno over there...

London has various top class clubs with big name DJ's, but u probably know this.

Scandinavia, and in particular, iceland is a good weekend...

Overall though, spain tops it. Id check out Valencia if i were you, and obv ibiza
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Barcelona has some amazing nightlife. Terraza and catwalk are top. And Pacha barcelona is real good too.

Valencia is a well known party spot and some top clubs there.

Madrid is ok apparently, but ive not been

Barca's nightlife is fucking good but getting very chavvy. Valencia is a dump but Madrid has a GREAT nightlife if you look hard enough (and if you speak Spanish :p)

jayjay620 wrote:
    France, im not sure.

If you like good rap, France has loads of it. Good clubbing, unless you're made of cash, can be difficult.
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Italy has good house nights, tending to lean towards techno over there...

Either that or nun-murdering metal. Italy is not big on clubs. Just not their style. That and they're not great drinkers either.
    jayjay620 wrote:
    Scandinavia, and in particular, iceland is a good weekend...

Scandinavia is, by all accounts, VERY expensive. Like £5 for a beer. Ouch.

If you're set on the Med, go to Seville, Granada, or like jayjay says, Croatia. Avoid the Beleariacs like the plague. I couldn't think of a more unpleasant place to spend a holiday.
    There are some big clubs in Nice and Marseilles doing dance type stuff which are very good apparently plus they are right on the sea so lots of beaches and lovelyness. (I think french rap is hillarious - though german rap is even funnier i'm not sure that rap artists think that though - BUT i'm not reccomending any rap clubs to you)

Summer i went to Trieste, on my way to slovenia and that was really nice very happening nightlife and good bars - again on the sea etc - though Italian hotels are expensive for what you get - but you can get bargain flights there on ryan air.

Also Zagreb is supposed to have some amazing clubbing but its not a very pretty place and its not on the sea but you could combine it with a trip elsewhere in Croatia.

Also the Costa de la Luz in spain is supposed to be good for more chilled out nightlife.
    lea_uk wrote:
    Magaluf, Benidorm?

I went to Benidorm last year - Wouldn't recommend it at all for nightlife

Well maybe if you're about 50 ..

It's more old people now then young ..

It was quite safe there, so no fights or anything and felt safe to walk around alone at night.
    Zante's a good place to go brill night life i recomend going somewhere with reps they make the night life so much better and there english !