Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Music file's and corruption

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A few hour's ago i discovered that a small bunch of song's had become corrupted, they'd become 0kb file's. WMP wouldn't play them i hunted them down and discovered the above. Now I'm totally stumped that these file's have become corrupt when just the night before they were working absolutely fine. Out of 16 song's by one artist for example, only one has become corrupted. Every song by another artist has corrupted.

So far i haven't come across any other type's of file's that are corrupted. I ran chkdsk but for two reason's it was useless, A) I don;t know how to use & interpret chkdsk, B) it closes it's window the second it's 100% totally complete i can't even see any result after the scan.

Any idea's as to how this has happened, any advice to stop it happening again, to fix it ?

It's a brand new pc and i can honestly say there is nothing wrong with the pc or HD.

Comments

• Options
    can you just rip them again?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Where did the songs come from? Chances are its a corruption in the media file when downloaded. Its happened to me a few times. Bit weird if it was working the day before though :chin:
  • Options
    These file's werent downloaded. They were sent via msn and are in windows media player's OWN format for audio file's. As i said they worked PERFECTLY only the day before last so i cannot figur eout how they ar enow corrupted.

Ohh wait a minute. I tried burning files to disc and these song's were part of the number i picked to burn. It asked me if i wanted to delete " temporary " files which i did and i think that is how they have become corrupted. But that makes no sense, how can it corrupt the proper song's if it's deleting temp file's ...