Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Good conditioners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know any good conditioners like the ones you get in the box when you dye your hair. They are sooooo much better than any other i have tried except one they stopped making :mad: .

Dying my hair has done it no good so i am only gonna do it once more to match my routs but i am really struggling with it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    do you know anyone that works im a salon that could get you salon quality conditioner?
    I find Timotei (sp?) conditioner really good.
    Tht stuff about Tresemé (again sp?) being salon quality is a load of bollocks
    I get the one that half the price but in the same sort of bottle, someone Michel I think and that's really good.
    i'm sure you can buy a little sachet in boots of a l'oreal intensive thingy - might be wrong though.

i don't use conditioner on all of my hair as it makes it greasy. i generally use an aussie miracle spray i think it's called - it's a leave in conditioner and i just spray it on my hair avoiding the roots. really good. or i've just bought some bed head control freak conditioner to go with my shampoo - i'll just use that on the bottom of my hair and it's good.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    do you know anyone that works im a salon that could get you salon quality conditioner?

I don't no, but i do know an ex hairdresser thinking about it, maybe she could tell me where to get some.
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't no, but i do know an ex hairdresser thinking about it, maybe she could tell me where to get some.
    they usually get them from retaile shop like thingys and you usually need a card like you have at Costco type places.
    My house,ate has her own nail salon and can get loads of great cheap stuff like that in bulk, shame you are no where near me!
    do any of the salons near you sell it? might be more expensive that way though.
    Yeah they do but it is all mega expensive. :(
    Tweety wrote:
    and it's cheap as chips where they get it from :mad:
    Yeah they love it though as most people can't get hold of it unless from them grr. What about places like Macro? Would they do it?
    Tresemme intensive repair stuff (in a tub) is BRILLIANT (although i agree their stuff in a bottle is much like any other cheap conditioner.)
    Tweety wrote:

have you tried looking on ebay?

i bought my last set of bed head stuff off there from a reputable seller and it was cheaper than in shops even with the delivery.

sometimes it's worth spending a bit extra - and with conditioner a lot goes a long way.
    I haven't no, thats an idea, i need to know whats good so i can have a look :D
    www.hqhair.com do some good things - not necessarily for you to buy but for you to look at.

i :heart: products like things for your hair/moisurisers and make-up. i wish i could spend more on them but i won't be a student forever.

you could always ask for something for your birthday or christmas?
    I have about 7 of the tubes of conditioners from hair color kits, if I wasn't sure they'd explode on the trip I'd send them over :p

I got http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_206.asp?lProductLineID=14 a while ago and I love it, its a once weekly thing. (And super cheap :thumb: )
    Herbal Essence conditioner is the only one I can use, if my hair is really behaving bad then I slap loads of it on when my hair is dry, wrap my head in clingfilm and go and read my book in the bath for an hour :D
    i read somewhere that leaving conditioner on your hair for say 20 minutes is no different to leaving it on for 10 minutes.
    I dont normally use conditioner unless I'm highlighting my hair. I have found that Pantene Radient colour conditoner is really good. I only need a little a bit as well and it lasts for ages!
    I agree that Herbal Essences is the best conditioner ever, leave it on for 10 mins or so and it's as good as any salon treatment IMO :)
    Boots cammomile and lemonbalm intensive conditioner. The thick goopy one in a tub - it's about a quid. :thumb:

This stuff's a winner too. You pop it on in between shampooing and normal conditioning, and it's pretty expensive, but works wonders:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1054956&classificationid=1044167&slmRefer=000
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I agree that Herbal Essences is the best conditioner ever, leave it on for 10 mins or so and it's as good as any salon treatment IMO :)

Well thats the one i have been using from my hair colour box, but they don't sell it normally do they?
    kaffrin wrote:
    Boots cammomile and lemonbalm intensive conditioner. The thick goopy one in a tub - it's about a quid. :thumb:

This stuff's a winner too. You pop it on in between shampooing and normal conditioning, and it's pretty expensive, but works wonders:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1054956&classificationid=1044167&slmRefer=000

Cheers, will have a look next time i go in there.
    Tweety wrote:
    Well thats the one i have been using from my hair colour box, but they don't sell it normally do they?
    This is the one I was meaning, has to be the cream bottle though, the others arent as good IMO.

HerbalEssences_Conditioner_Fine_Limp_hair_enlarge.jpg
    I liked one that had cotton extract in it, think they stopped making it now though.
    Pure Fiji. It's all natural too and smells fab. Expensive, but works wonders.