Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wow, yet another post in the relationship Forum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I headed out to college last August, leaving behind my girlfriend who's in her last year of high school. Things were going pretty well, especialy considering that we've managed to maintain a long distance relationship.

Last night I get a phone call from her. She tells me that she's been getting "confused". Says that she's been becoming interested in some other guy from school and wants to know what I think. She doesn't want to break up and start dating this other guy, and she says she still loves me. And said she wanted to stay together untill winter break when we can talk about it in person.

I just don't get it. We've been together for 8 months, this girl says she loves me, and I care a great deal about her. I miss the hell out of her, and think about her every day. Yet here she is telling me that she's interested in some other guy. How do you love someone and at the same time be interested in some other guy?

What should I make of this whole mess?

Comments

• Options
    sounds too me like she misses u too+so kinda is looking at this other guy bcos of that. she clearly loves+misses you,otherwise she wouldnt have talked about it with you+said she wants to stay 2geva still :)
  • Options
    personally i wouldn't want to stay with someone knowing they liked someone else.
  • Options
    no i agree with sugar mouse i think shes missing the physical part of being with someone and is therefore naturally attracted to other, more easily available men.
    however she still loves her boyfriend and is confused about her feelings, and is probably subconsciously feeling guilty which is why she tells him.she wants to be honest with him.if she wanted to actually get with these other blokes then she wouldnt tell her bf.
    when she sees him again she'll realise she loves him as much as she thinks she does.
  • Options
    I suppose at least she's told you about it, bound to be a bit of a mindfuck though.

Keep talking to her though, sounds like your both quite honest with each other.
  • Options
    What should I make of this whole mess?

That it's time for you both to get on with your lives.

You are young and you will fall in love again.
  • Options
    no i agree with sugar mouse i think shes missing the physical part of being with someone and is therefore naturally attracted to other, more easily available men.
    however she still loves her boyfriend and is confused about her feelings, and is probably subconsciously feeling guilty which is why she tells him.she wants to be honest with him.if she wanted to actually get with these other blokes then she wouldnt tell her bf.
    when she sees him again she'll realise she loves him as much as she thinks she does.
    :yes: exactly.

I don't see my boyfriend nearly as much as I'd like to, so during the week when I'm at college I miss him a lot, and there's a guy there that I flirt with a lot. It's because I miss the physical part of being with the boy. If it was anything more than that, then the boy wouldn't know anything about the whole thing, but as it is he knows, and doesn't mind because he knows that I love him.