Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Peck him up a bit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Going out with a couple of mates tonight, and one of these people is quite shy in the night time environment, and is quite within himself. He also does not drink (which is by no means a bad thing) although it means he finds it difficult to come out of his shell.

Does anyone have any tips please as to how to allow him to enjoy himself, and to egg him on a bit if necessary.

I'm sure most people know someone like this, thanks. :yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe he is having fun??

not everyone needs drink etc.. to have a good time.

i however, do.
    koe_182 wrote:
    maybe he is having fun??

not everyone needs drink etc.. to have a good time.

i however, do.

exactly.

if he wanted to drink more then he would.

do you ask him whether he's having a good time?

do you ask him whether he's having a good time?

He might just lie and say he is. I've done that in the past. Being shy myself i know what its like. Dont need to drink to have a laugh just the right people and right enviroment to get you going.

Wouldnt pester someone if they seem quiet about if they're having a good time. If the conversations good, flowing and things he'll be happy. Honestly if he wasnt happy would he really go out with his friends ? Doubt it myself. I know first hand.

Maybes hes just afraid to be himself ?
    Thanks for the replies, there cool appreciated.
    I need drink to function properly on a night out. Maybe you could kid him on and give him an alcoholic drink.

"No, it's just orange juice, I can't taste any vodka" :angel:
    Just dont pressure him to drink. I dont drink at all really, and it seriously fucks me off when I have people literally trying to force drinks down my mouth.

It pisses me off as well when they try telling me drinking is good for you. :rolleyes:

He could well be having fun, I am most of the time, but when people keep trying to get me to drink it goes from fun to I want to get out of here.