Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

1 year today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its a year today since my dad died and i feel so bad i don't think i can make it through the day. I've just rang my mum because i was upset and she hadn't even remembered. It feels like my dads memory has died with him and no-one remembers but me.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure people do remember the date, just maybe didn't want to mention it etc. and relive the sadness of that day.

Try not to think about what happened a year ago today, instead think about what happened in the months and years before his death, and all the fun things you did together.

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    Hugs and good luck. Try to soldier on, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you.
  • Options
    I'm sure people do remember the date, just maybe didn't want to mention it etc. and relive the sadness of that day.

Try not to think about what happened a year ago today, instead think about what happened in the months and years before his death, and all the fun things you did together.

Hope you feel better soon :)
    ^^^^

Bump to this. I dont like talking about loved ones who have passed away, and I tend to blank things out like dates of death.
  • Options
    Thankyou guys,

Yesterday was so hard for me. Today feels hardly any better. I feel like im back to square 1. I hate feeling like this and just feel that if im not here, i wont feel like this anymore, and il be with my dad.

Its his birthday next month, and i don't think i'l be able to cope with it. :crying:
  • Options
    jordy wrote:
    Its his birthday next month, and i don't think i'l be able to cope with it. :crying:

You have to honey ... he wouldn't want you to be all cut up about him and having it make you miserable. Instead of just mouring the loss of him, try and be positive and smile about all the times he made you happy. That is a far more fitting tribute. *hugs*
  • Options
    People are not defined by the day on which they die but rather how they lived their life, remember this.
  • Options
    its not that they dont care, or remember

i`m the same, my mum sits there cryin, but to me, its just another day without him, doesnt feel any different, that doesnt mean i dont care or remember tho

chin up x
  • Options
    dates are really hard. one of my best mates died and on every birthday/christmas/death anniversary i find it really tough. could you maybe talk to someone about it? there's a bereavement line - cruse, the number's on this site somewhere (im sorry i havent got it right now).

just remember that your dad would not have wanted your life to be miserable, so try and take care of yourself and remember the good times. x