Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bike ride to birmingham TONIGHT!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
mapbu5.jpg

going to buy spare inner tube and pump, tyre levers and go for a ride. it's about 50/60 miles should cover that between 12 and 6am.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    u crazy fool
    anyone know any good viewpoints looking out and over birmingham?

it's the furthest i've ever ridden. i did bristol to gloucester in under 4 hours with a break for a meal half way at dursley. need a better bike really but any old thing will do.
    Are you doing this for charity?!
    Are you doing this for charity?!

god no for entertainment and build up stamina and strength. don't want to go now anyway, couldn't buy innertubes and mp3 player cos card declined. i'll bump this thread next week. nothing to do now. so will start on the stella till i fall asleep.

Up the lickey hills, at the end of a Bristol Road.
    Yup, Lickey Hills is the way to go. Very pretty, but then you can see the tower blocks of the city in the not so distance, very surreal.
    it's the furthest i've ever ridden. i did bristol to gloucester in under 4 hours with a break for a meal half way at dursley. need a better bike really but any old thing will do.

Heh, I've thought about just getting on the pushbike and riding until I get to Edinburgh. Figure I could do it in 3 days...

Make sure you take some food with you when you do decide to go. And a set of spanners... ;)
    set of spaners alan keys new tube and pump. might get a nice seat too. and gloves. and mp3 player (if alone)