Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Poorly soup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Think I'm coiming down with what my housemates have, so when I get home I'd like to make a vitamin packed soup. I don't want it think, I prefer it to be watery, with chunky veg and perhaps some lentils.
Anyone have a recipe?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know what kind of veg you had in mind but you could try this. It has no lentils but it does have some chilli, which might be good if you're getting a stinking cold. It's also supposed to be a blended soup, but just don't blend it if you want it chunky.

2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 parsnip diced
    1 sweet potato diced
    2 small carrots diced
    1 small red onion diced
    1 leek sliced
    2 sticks celery diced
    3/4 pint veg stock
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 fresh red chilli sliced
    salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a pan, add parsnip, sweet potato, carrots, red onion, leek and celery and cook for 5 mins until the veg has a little colour.

Add the stock, bring to boil, cover and cook for 20 mins or until veg is soft.

Add the cumin and chilli, season to taste. Simmer for a further 10 mins then serve.
    Thanks! I didn't try it in the end, really wasn't in the moood for cooking.
    VinylVicky wrote:
    Thanks! I didn't try it in the end, really wasn't in the moood for cooking.

Not surprised! If I was coming down with something all I'd want to do would be go to bed.