Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

koko (camden palace revamped)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone been? Im supposed to be going next weekend for hardcore heaven. I hear the bouncers are alittle heavy too? Ive never been to hardcore heaven either, but I do like alittle haRd core.
whats your thoughts guys?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never been to KoKo's, keep meaning to get myself there and see what its like!

I have been to a Hardcore Heaven night once though, well kinda.. it was a big multi genre event which hardcore heaven had a room at.
    Very much enjoyed it, its good music to dance about too and the atmospher you get with hardcore people is really good, no bad attitude.

Have a wicked time mate!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    JamesZero wrote:
    Never been to KoKo's, keep meaning to get myself there and see what its like!

I really like it - but I do feel old in there :grump:
    the management of koko's was truely awful last time we went there, but it might have been something to do with the management of the band that were really bad too. and by the way, the bouncers are horrible. really nasty even if you haven't done anything.
    indeed there has been a revamp of camden palace and by all reports its doing quite well- check out my review on http://barblog.lastminuteliving.com/
    Ahhh, the Camden Palace, I used to be there all the time for Peach, cheesy as anything, but a good laugh.

I have no idea how it is now though, sorry.
    Been there for Breaking Science (I think the same night production time as Hardcore heaven) and had a blast, also went for stones throw night and to see yourcodenameis:milo. Bouncers aren't really heavy handed though on a big rave night, like anywhere else in London, you can expect that with pills and what not going around like smarties...however, you'll probably just get a pat down on the door which is fair enough

The club is dead smart inside, drinks are fairly averagly priced for London though beers are around 3 quid. Roof's a bit high for my liking (it is an old theatre) so the sound turns into mush slightly (unlike the end where the roof is dead low and the speakers are massive) but then I wouldnt really know if this is important for harcore (it is for the bass part in drum n bass) or whether you really give a toss.

Anyways, if you go, Im sure you'll have a good night, peace,

James
    I can confirm that that the majority of bouncers and security men inside Koko are absolute dickheads. They are also incredibly strict with age limits.