Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worst Carpet Burns Ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have two huge and very painful carpet burns on the lower part of my knee.. i didnt really notice them at the time ( i was, ahem, busy) but theyre much bigger than a £2 coin and as so much skin has been stripped away theyre now a sort of pale white and the skin is all puckered

my friend said this is permanently damaged skin and will probably scar.is this true? ( i like my legs!:( ) i put a couple of plasters on them to protect from any bacteria but the pain was worse and they kept leaking all this clear sticky fluid ( which my mate said was pus?). on the edges its a darker pink but mostly white and theyre so painful i cant bend my knees or put any weight on them or anything..

any advice for easing the pain and what can i do to cure them?

Comments

• Options
    They'll probably scab over after a while. I've had carpet burns (sadly not from what you were doing but from a thrashing from my brother when I was younger) and they healed up fine - no scarring. Clean em up, cover them up. I get a clear oozing and it's just weeping - well it usually is with me - I'm a menace for bumps and scrapes. I've put savalon on mine before now and do with all bumps and scrapes. Whilst they're leaking, cover them then as they scab let em feel the fresh air!
  • Options
    ive got a patch on my knee just smaller than a 5p. it goes really purple/red when i'm cold. it's a friction burn from a car door. didn't seem too bad at the time but scabbed over and then when the scab came off i was left with a purple circle on my knee. SO annoying. it's not like it's a normal scar or anything - i've had it since april and not looking like it will fade. :impissed:
  • Options
    it's a right pain in the groin. it's right on the side for everyone to see. :grump: :impissed:
  • Options
    hmm so the rule is dont pick scabs..
    thanks for the advice grrr cant do what i was doing to get it in a while if you know what i mean..( it hurts too much lol)
  • Options
    if you mean having sex you can do it without being on your knees..:confused:
  • Options
    I got the same thing as lucifer devil. I got it about a year ago and though its faded, i can still see it. :(

me too, on my knee from a car door wasn't sore at time, was really sore next day
    I've had it for 18 months and I can still see it slightly!
  • Options
    there's hope for me yet then!