Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Attitudes to sexual health

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
A production company is looking for people to take part in a BBC 3 documentary about sexual health. Here are the details:

Are you concerned you may have a sexually transmitted infection? Have you been diagnosed with an STI and are worried about how to tell your partner / ex-partner? Or are you someone who has recurrent problems with your sexual health?

If you are, we’re looking for you. BBC 3 is making a new documentary exploring young people’s attitudes to sexual health. This could be the chance for you to get things out in the open and confront your fears.

This is a thoughtful and sensitive documentary which aims to dispel some of the myths surrounding sex and STIs. We want to give you the opportunity to talk frankly about the worries shared by all young people who are sexually active. Why is it that with all our knowledge and experience, our better judgment goes out the window in the heat of passion? We hope that this documentary will help to educate others about the dangers of unsafe sex.

If you are 16-24 and you’re interested in taking part or if you’d just like to chat to us about your experiences free of any obligation then please get in touch.

You can contact us by email on sexualhealth@fireflyproductions.tv or leave a message on our dedicated number 0207 033 2306 and we'll call you back.

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmmm... i wouldnt mind talking about that subject. but i am too old yet again.....
    **Helen** wrote:
    Are you concerned you may have a sexually transmitted infection?

No, i know i've got one :)
    **Helen** wrote:
    Have you been diagnosed with an STI and are worried about how to tell your partner / ex-partner?

Yes, but he knows so not worried.
    **Helen** wrote:
    Or are you someone who has recurrent problems with your sexual health?

Yes.

But alas too old :(
    RubberSkin wrote:
    No, i know i've got one :)

Yes, but he knows so not worried.

Yes.

But alas too old :(
    Pair of old gits :p

Btw - Rubber personal question - do you know whewre you contracted it from? Obviously you don't have to answer sweet cheeks
    Yes i do. March 2000 in a house in Great Bar, by some c**t who thought it would be great fun to go out and infect as many people as he could ! I accept a certain portion of the blame (if thats the right way to put it), was a tad tipsy/stoned, but i did ask him if he was poz or not and he definitely said no, so....................... the rest is history.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Yes i do. March 2000 in a house in Great Bar, by some c**t who thought it would be great fun to go out and infect as many people as he could ! I accept a certain portion of the blame (if thats the right way to put it), was a tad tipsy/stoned, but i did ask him if he was poz or not and he definitely said no, so....................... the rest is history.
    ever thought about taking legal action?
    I phoned the police in late 2000, didn't want to know. All i know about the guy is his first name and that he moved to London about 2002.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I phoned the police in late 2000, didn't want to know. All i know about the guy is his first name and that he moved to London about 2002.
    bugger......you know as much about him as I do my dad!
    lol :)

TBH hun, even if i did know where he was i don't think i could cope with the stress of a trial.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    lol :)

TBH hun, even if i did know where he was i don't think i could cope with the stress of a trial.
    I see your point, I don't blame you, even if the scumbag is still doing it
    we had someone leaving needles in public places with a note saying 'you've got HIV' not long ago

as far as i know only 1 person got it....still, its one person too many

they do it cause they're bitter - pathetic really
    Woop Woop.

Emailed them and got an email back!