Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nice Present Ideas!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok soppy q!

anyone got any really nice gift/present ideas for a lovely boyfriend?!

Not for any occasion inparticular but like a suprise nice gift just to show you care and :heart: them!

Anyone:confused: :wave:

xxx

Comments

• Options
    depends totally on the guy.
    what my guy would like, wont be what your guy would.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
  • Options
    bonzai
  • Options
    just get your gammon out when hes not expecting it, beats any present like
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    olaola wrote:
    hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

Do you mean a surprise dinner party ?
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    gammon?! :impissed:
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

haha never heard it called that before!
  • Options
    haha never heard it called that before!

its got a better ring to it than "rat".

hmmm and my sober idea would still be along the same lines :naughty: but more subtly
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    its got a better ring to it than "rat".

hmmm and my sober idea would still be along the same lines :naughty: but more subtly
    rat? :eek2:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    rat? :eek2:

i always here idiots saying "get your rat out for the lads":eek2:
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    i always here idiots saying "get your rat out for the lads":eek2:
    thats horrible calling it a rat! :grump: did you hear that up in leeds then or down in watford? also.. are you at the uni or the met?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    thats horrible calling it a rat! :grump: did you hear that up in leeds then or down in watford? also.. are you at the uni or the met?

the met. probberly both leeds and watford, you always have the "get your tits out for the lads" than one plank takes it too far.

Actually on holiday is more likely where i first heard it, magaluf and malia
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    Actually on holiday is more likely where i first heard it, magaluf
    that explains it! how you liking leeds? i just finished uni there. used to live i headingley.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    that explains it! how you liking leeds? i just finished uni there. used to live i headingley.

yeh its great thanks, Leeds Met was my first choice uni because i loved the city, got to have that as the priority over the course really!

i live quite near headingly, meanwood road. were you at met or the uni?
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    yeh its great thanks, Leeds Met was my first choice uni because i loved the city, got to have that as the priority over the course really!

i live quite near headingly, meanwood road. were you at met or the uni?
    i was at the uni, it was my first choice too :D its a fab place to live and go out. especially if you like clubbing! mission, stinkys peephouse, space, warehouse :heart:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i was at the uni, it was my first choice too :D its a fab place to live and go out. especially if you like clubbing! mission, stinkys peephouse, space, warehouse :heart:

clubbing is my middle name..

i havnt been any of those places though. Went rehab last night 80p a drink, cannae go wrong. Like evoloution for a saturday, Creation and Oceana have been good nights, bondi beach was dissapointing.

i'll have to check out the other places, are they all in town?
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    clubbing is my middle name..

i havnt been any of those places though. Went rehab last night 80p a drink, cannae go wrong. Like evoloution for a saturday, Creation and Oceana have been good nights, bondi beach was dissapointing.

i'll have to check out the other places, are they all in town?
    awww you're such a first year! its like a rule to go to really shit places that have dirt cheap drinks in first year :p

the places i mentioned are expensive and are where you go at the weekned for a proper clubbing session ;)
  • Options
    Get him a really fancy pint glass for his beer and let someone engrave something in it. (in any glasstore for example).

some have hope in their soul
    I have soap in my hole.

or something that makes more sense.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    awww you're such a first year! its like a rule to go to really shit places that have dirt cheap drinks in first year :p

the places i mentioned are expensive and are where you go at the weekned for a proper clubbing session ;)

cant be dealing with that, all about the cheesey places for the time being. Ive had 2 years of solid expensive weekend clubbing in watford because its not a student town, im liking the change.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    cant be dealing with that, all about the cheesey places for the time being. Ive had 2 years of solid expensive weekend clubbing in watford because its not a student town, im liking the change.
    yeah enjoy it! its what uni is all about :) also.. the girls are easier to pull in evo etc. :razz:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    yeah enjoy it! its what uni is all about :) also.. the girls are easier to pull in evo etc. :razz:

haha, see you there:naughty::lol:
  • Options
    I used to be a regular at Spaced years go, loved the funky music there...not into the progressive though!!
    Leeds is a good place for funky/electro house!!

Sheffield is better for your harder music.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I used to be a regular at Spaced years go, loved the funky music there...not into the progressive though!!
    Leeds is a good place for funky/electro house!!

Sheffield is better for your harder music.
    have you ever been clubbing in manchester?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    have you ever been clubbing in manchester?
    yeah been to a few places and a few mad after parties too.

Used to go to Binary a lot and I can't think of the bloody venue it was at now.

I used to travel all over the country for years but then you get responsibility and fucking bills to pay. So it's on the back burner but I shall be back one day!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    yeah been to a few places and a few mad after parties too.

Used to go to Binary a lot and I can't think of the bloody venue it was at now.

I used to travel all over the country for years but then you get responsibility and fucking bills to pay. So it's on the back burner but I shall be back one day!
    ive just moved back home to manchester and i know all about those mad after parties! it helps when you get to know DJs and the regulars.
    never heard of binary though. i go to sankeys a lot.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    ive just moved back home to manchester and i know all about those mad after parties! it helps when you get to know DJs and the regulars.
    never heard of binary though. i go to sankeys a lot.
    different style of music chick, it's a few of my friends sub night. bit more underground than sankeys. Never been Sankeys, a bit commercial for me to travel all that way, when there's places like it in Notts. If I was living in Manc or staying with mates in Manc, I might head down there.

A guy I was sort of seeing is from Manc and he goes Sankeys a lot, was gona go with him sometime but never got round to it.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    different style of music chick, it's a few of my friends sub night. bit more underground than sankeys. Never been Sankeys, a bit commercial for me to travel all that way, when there's places like it in Notts. If I was living in Manc or staying with mates in Manc, I might head down there.

A guy I was sort of seeing is from Manc and he goes Sankeys a lot, was gona go with him sometime but never got round to it.
    friday nights at sankeys is tribal sessions with francois k, booka shade, loco dice, layo and bushwacka etc. is that commercial? -genuine question!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    friday nights at sankeys is tribal sessions with francois k, booka shade, loco dice, layo and bushwacka etc. is that commercial? -genuine question!
    probably not chick but more commercial than my choice! I thought it was more on the lines of what Hed Khandi is like - commercial house, breaks and beats, electro house, frilly DnB (my term there!), minimal techno, posers & coke heads!!! From what I've heard anyway.

It probably wouldn't be my thing though but I'd give anything a try once, you never know what you might love. Music being a passion of mine, I wouldn't slate people's tastes, If the right opportunity came, I wouldn't say no.
    I tend to like more underground I suppose but I'm into either really funky house (underground at all but not for a big night out, local bar with mates DJing, unless it's Spaced, love that place) or dark dirty hardstyle (dutch hardcore)/jumpstyle/happy hardcore/hardcore/hard trance/rolling dirty base line DnB (sometimes), bouncy hard house when I go clubbing.
  • Options
    Home cooked meal always used to do it for me. And a bath, like a proper girl bath, but dont tell any of his mates, but they're so good. I feel like chandler, admitting to that.

A toy boat would be nice to go with it :-) and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you in the tub!