Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

foaaaam party.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So then, soon am gonna be going to a foam party and I have absolutely no idea what to expect, or wear. Obviously not something expensive or white, which wouldn't be too good.

Any suggestions? And any stories or owt from these sort of parties?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends where it is - in Ibiza you'll get soaked to your eyebrows, in england you'll get your feet wet - a little
    I dunno about that vicky, ive been to some pretty wild foam parties here in england too!
    I'd just wear something you're not bothered about if it gets wrecked - which it probably will.
    icey wrote:
    I dunno about that vicky, ive been to some pretty wild foam parties here in england too!
    I'd just wear something you're not bothered about if it gets wrecked - which it probably will.
    I'm jsut being mardy cos impoorly
    How about a wetsuit :p
    lea_uk wrote:
    How about a wetsuit :p
    Lol, how very attractive that'd be. :yes:
    Thinking I should get myself down to Primark and buy in some proper cheapo clothes so it don't matter if they get ruined??

Also, my friend told me at one she went to the foam was like up to her head.. well, she's like 5'4.. god help me being 5'1. Hah.
    Yeah good idea.
    I got a really bad rash last time I went to a foam party... it's dirrrty. Wear proper shoes - trainers if you can - people drop glasses and all sorts in the foam and you don't want to cut your feet!
    ooo im so excited about going to a foam party - only 10 months and 7 days until i can!! lol
    jenni30 wrote:
    ooo im so excited about going to a foam party - only 10 months and 7 days until i can!! lol
    Hehe, I'm really excited about it too. Never been to one before - looks like a right laugh.

Babyshambler - I don't think trainers would go too well with a skirt lol. But not too sure high heels would do the job either, surely be slipping about all over the places. Hmm.
    Went too a foam party a few weeks ago and I thought it would be pants and there wouldn't be a lot of foam but im 6ft1 and the foam was up too my head in the middle, I've always wondered how they cleaned up after these parties, also girls dont run on the foam if it gets onto carpet as it is very slippery, when I went there was lots of young ladies falling all over the shop. I came out in a rash after as well funnily enough which wasn't nice.
    Went too a foam party a few weeks ago and I thought it would be pants and there wouldn't be a lot of foam but im 6ft1 and the foam was up too my head in the middle..
    Haha, I'm gonna quite literally disappear.
    its hard too breathe tho and you literally can't see nobody if your under the thing where the foam comes out, and if your sweating and u get foam in your eyes it fucking stings!
    Captain wrote:
    Babyshambler - I don't think trainers would go too well with a skirt lol. But not too sure high heels would do the job either, surely be slipping about all over the places. Hmm.

Don't wear a skirt then. :p

Seriously, last time I went I wore jeans and a vest top. I wouldn't venture in there with bare legs after the rash it gives me!
    definitely wear old clothes that you dont mind getting ruined. primark is a good idea!

the foam gets everywhere!

i dont think much of foam parties to be honest. if you straighten your hair watch out cos it wont be straight for much longer. mine went into a total frizz ball, so the foam ruined my hair and clothes, it also makes the floor really slippery so i fell over and like, ew.

but im sure you will have fun :D hehe.
    i don't like foam parties. :no:

it got all in my eyes and stung and it somehow made my throat hurt. it also made my hair go really mingy.
    funny story when I went i was walking home and its a fair walk and about a mile or so away from the club i found a bit of foam on the pavement, for sheer randomness it made me laugh.
    A social club in my town had a foam party upstairs a few years ago and it came through the floor haha.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote:
    A social club here had a foam party upstairs a few years ago and it came through the floor haha.
    "Oh my God, our ceiling has rabies!"
    "Oh my God, our ceiling has rabies!"
    :lol:
    Captain wrote:
    I have absolutely no idea what to expect
    A chest infection if it's anything like the one I went to :impissed:
    I prefer to stay dry when I go clubbing the rain is bad enough.
    i'd probably wear shorts or jeans and a plain top. foam parties are not my thing though. i accidently went to one once and i stayed well away. everyone looked minging all soaked with messy hair and makeup
    went to a foam party at EsParadis in ibiza bout 6 years ago back in my raving days, never again. bag o shit it were. got piss wrapped and lost my socks.
    koe_182 wrote:
    went to a foam party at EsParadis in ibiza bout 6 years ago back in my raving days, never again. bag o shit it were. got piss wrapped and lost my socks.
    :yes: i went there although it was more a water party than foam. i didnt like it. the water stunk and my flip flops kept getting stuck to the floor causing me to fall over lots.
    Thanksss guys, much appreciated. I bought a bargain new skirt from river island to go out in tonight. Looking forward to it now.
    Make up though - I don't even think there's any point in even bothering? lol.
    Foam partys do not sound fun, short people must be almost drowning. I can imagine a bit of foam, and lotsa bubbles, could be fun but I wouldn't wana be swimming in the stuff, getting it in my eyes and mouth and stuff. Ew.

I dunno, maybe I'm just boring.
    I think they are fucking funny, if you get really wrecked and go you don't care about it ruining your hair or clothes or whatever you just have a fucking good time! Espescially if you're on the old Disco Biscuits, the foam feels insane! :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    They used to have some pretty incredible parties at a local club I used to go to - Enzo's.
    The foam came from a fuck of big thing in the ceiling rather than those pissy cannons. Filled the room to waist hight.
    I never foudn my clothes were ruined. I used to come out soacked but my trainers would look brand new and all white.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    They used to have some pretty incredible parties at a local club I used to go to - Enzo's.
    The foam came from a fuck of big thing in the ceiling rather than those pissy cannons. Filled the room to waist hight.
    I never foudn my clothes were ruined. I used to come out soacked but my trainers would look brand new and all white.
    Yeah, was pretty much like that where I went the other night. I had a really good time, proper funny. My friend picked me up and stuck me under the actual thing dispensing it on the ceiling. Can say I have never been so wet before! Definitely froze when I came out. Didn't help being so small either, 5'1.. practically disappeared in the foam!